Chapter 35

I could sense we where closing in on the vampires fast. They where making a bee line straight in our direction just as we were. Alec and some of the wolves were following them and leading them our way.

I barked a command signal to Rick and Cody, who were running on either side of me and they split up going in different directions.

We started forming a large barrier so they wouldn't be able to get past us.

Kian sent Rosie and Ben off to the sides in case the vampires wanted to try get past us. Kian and Nick replaced their places, both males flanking me.

Nick's eyes had changed from blue to emerald green. He had a focused and determined stare.

I could smell them now.

The foul stench of burnt wood and smoke tingled me nose.

I let out a low menacing growl that seemed to echo through the woods.

The orange rays of the sun shined down on us giving us a clear sight of line thankfully.

Then I saw them. They came to a halt about 100 metres from us and so did we. They were three male vampires who wore dirty and ripped up clothing. They looked like lower class vampires. Probably sent to do the King's dirty work.

They looked at each other, a look that only they seemed to understand. They didn't look scared or intimidated. Rather they looked excited and bloody hungry. They grinned psychotically at us, like a murderer would before killing their victim. Baring their sharp fangs at us.

The one in the middle who looked like the oldest one with dark brown hair and specks of grey, nudged the vampires on either side of him. He looked me straight in the eyes as he spoke to them.

Although he was far, I could hear him with my super wolf hearing. I wasn't sure if the others could though. "Her. She's their leader. She's the one he's after." He pointed.

Kian growled menacingly, it was a warning growl as he took a couple steps closer to me. He must of got the hint of what the vampire said.

"You sure? How do we know?" Laughed the other one at Kian's threat.

"I can tell it's her. She's different to any other female wolf I've seen.. and killed." He said adding the last part as a joke. "She also bares the mark on her hip."

I snarled at him, baring my canine and flicking my tongue.

"Did you both already take the last bottles?" He asked
Both vampires nodded in reply.

"Good. I want her alive." He added before the other two nodded, smiling at each other. They sprinted forward with insane vampire speed.

I let out a low bark and snarl that resembled a battle cry as we rushed forward.

It all happened so fast. Like a sea of waves crashing against each other, we collided.

I targeted the the younger looking vampire who lunged at me first.

The sounds of snarls teeth snapping, growling and hissing filled the air. 

Nick and Cody took on the tall lanky one. While the other focused on the others.

'Something's up with these vampire's. They are unusually strong and fast.' Cody one of the warriors grunted as he mind linked me. I watched as his jaw missed the vampire's neck as the vampire dodged him and instead flung Cody through the air and against a tree, like a rag doll.