Chapter 34

My paws dug into the soft, wet grass. The very thin layer of remaining snow that was starting to melt, spring was around the corner.

Two weeks had gone by since the ceremony. Rick had held a funeral for my mother and father, and I was grateful to him for that because I was able to say goodbye.

I was also grateful to my pack for their support and also Kian, he was there to hold me together from falling apart. Majority of people knew now he was my mate and at first they where confused and surprised as to why I couldn't feel the mate bond and at the fact it was even possible for a True Luna to have a mate.
Some even wondered what would happen to the pack's, whether we would unite them or not. But I brushed that thought away, I didn't have time to think about that when I had a war to deal with.

I had managed to plaster a smile and thank people for their support, I had to stay strong for them.
Instead, I would let out my feelings when I was alone with my thoughts. At times Nick would be able to sense my sadness and try his best comfort me, but there were also times when he knew I needed to be alone. That's what I loved about him. He knew me so well.

My heart was also confused as to who I loved. Ever since I had found out Kian was my mate things had been different between me and the two males.

It was as if my heart and mind was with the goofy, lovable and caring Nick but somewhere deep down locked away was this strange pull to the mysterious, dangerous and handsome Alpha Kian who I was starting to get to know. Under that cold, dominant and intimidating demeanor, there was a soft caring wolf who just wanted a mate and to take care of his pack.

The two males had come to an agreement that they would let me choose who I wanted to be with. A part of me was relieved but at the same time I was confused with my heart. Both had something I was attracted to and I didn't know who to go with. However, they said that each one wouldn't stop fighting for me until I made a decision.

I had so much in my mind at the moment. The decision between Kian and Nick, the rising number of Vampires and the plan to recruit other packs to help win this war against the vampires.

Spring was just beginning and as I did my daily run for the day taking in the beautiful sights, sounds and smells of the Forrest.

I felt my heart racing, my breath panting, my ears twitching catching all the sounds.

Kian's pack had agreed to stay on our territory until we won our fight against the vampires.

What concerned me at the moment was the safety of the humans. I could sense the growing danger. As I watched the news I had seen more deaths and missing people. I could tell the humans where confused, the police said that it was growing gang members and that people should be more vigilant. I knew they had no idea it was vampires.

I came to a halt when the all too familiar scent tingled my nose.

It was his cologne, I knew it. I didn't know how to describe it but it was like a mix of a woody and a minty smell.

And sure enough there he was, standing a couple metres ahead of be between the trees in his wolf form, his head low and tail flicking around.

I felt my ears prick up in surprise and tail instinctively twitch in excitement.

I saw a wolfy smirk form on his face.

Something that I had learned about being a True Luna meant that I could mind link any wolf I wanted without having to be in their pack, but only if I let them come into my mind. It was really handy.

I envisioned the walls around my mind coming down and reached out for Kian's aura.

'To what do I owe the pleasure?'  I mind linked him, teasingly.