Chapter 31

I was surrounded by light, everywhere I look was an abyss of whiteness. I looked at my hands and then my body to examine my state. I was wearing a white dress and I seemed to be standing in a bright white room but I don't remember getting here.

Where am I?

Lara

I turned around, startled by the female voice.

There, 5 metres in front of me stood my wolf form. She was large, as large as a bear and her golden-orange fur seem to shimmer in the light. It felt strange seeing my wolf stand before me. I was confused. Where was I? Why was my wolf standing in front of me? Whose voice was that?

I looked around to see who the voice belonged to but no one was in sight, only my wolf.

"Did you just speak?" I asked confused, not really sure if I was expecting an answer.

Yes. I am the True Luna spirit within you which was awakened during the ritual and right now I am speaking to you through your mind as you sleep.

"So this is a dream?" I said tilting my head slightly, confused.

Yes. I am here to warn you about something. As you know the human race is in danger of having it's civilisation destroyed by the vampire race. Your purpose as the True Luna is to restore balance to the supernatural and human world, by destroying the Vampire King. He has become too corrupt, beyond saving.

"Yes." I nodded in understanding

I have come to warn you that you have to act fast because there isn't much time. The vampire's are moving fast, hundreds of thousand of humans have already fallen victims of the vampire's and are being kidnapped and used as slaves. The Vampire King knows of your existence and will stop at nothing to kill you to inherit your powers.

"But what happens if I fail to stop him?"

Darkness, death, the end of the human life and the beginning of a Vampire era.

Suddenly my surroundings darkened, I was no longer surrounded by whiteness. All I saw was a dark vision of the possible future. A future where vampires ruled and were the superior race.

A gust of wind blew strand of my hair around my face

A gust of wind blew strand of my hair around my face. I found self standing in the middle of a street which use to once be a part of a busy city. But now all I saw was an apocalyptic world. The sky was red and cloudy. Ashes seems to float around the air as the wind blew. The air was thick.

My attention was caught by a crowd of at least 200 humans chained by the wrist and ankles with heavy shackles, walking along the middle of the quiet street. They were being led by a group of blood, thirsty vampires which seemed to be leading them somewhere. The humans were in a dirty, weak state and were wearing barely any clothes to keep them warm.