Chapter 1

I could feel the sweat running down my face as I continued to fight with Rick in the large training gym. I dodged most of the punches he was throwing at me with ease. As he swung towards my face I moved underneath his arm and used my knee to kick him in the side of his stomach. I heard a grunt escape from him as he turned to face me which only made me grin in triumph.

"Not bad Lara, not bad at all." He said as he walked towards me slowly.

"Thanks, better not be slacking off there Rick. Old age getting to you?" I said with a mischievous smile, trying to observe his next move. He let out snort before running at me full speed.

Rick was much taller and older then me with a bulky build from all his training he had done all his life. I knew that my strength was no match against his so I used my speed to quickly dodge him at the last minute and used his momentum to push him on the floor and got on top of his back to pin him down. My knee was on his back and his arm was in a twisted position but he must of predicted my next move and did a backwards summersault so that I would be the one underneath him. He had his arm around my neck and my arm twisted behind my back as I laid on my stomach.

I tried to push him off but my arm was exploding in a stabbing pain so I slammed my other hand against the mat repeatedly in defeat. He got off of me and started laughing as he claimed his victory today.

"Guess your the one slacking off huh" he said through his laugh as he tried to catch his breath.

"Ughh am not" I said rolling my eyes while brushing my crinkled top off. "I just slipped, that's all." I hated admitting defeat. But I couldn't help return his smile as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.
"Alright kiddo that's enough training for today time to head home and get some rest."
"Alright see you later Rick. Thanks for today."
"No worries. Say hi to your parents for me."
"Will do bye."

I slipped on my black hoodie I left next to door and started jogging home in the dark.
My house was only a 15 minute jog from the gym and I always finish late so I could avoid people seeing me. My parents didn't want anyone knowing about my training.
Most people where in their houses anyway so it was fine. It was one of those perks of having a pack live in a Forrest, we enjoyed the peace of the civilisation.

I was use to the jog home and it was peaceful, I always enjoyed it. Rick and I always trained late. He says he prefers it when there is no one around to interrupt him.

Rick has been training me since I could barely walk and he has helped me get stronger. He's been there my whole life and is like my second father. He is the same age as my dad and he is also his best friend. Since he's my dad's best friend he has made it his job to train me just like he trains our pack warriors because he wanted to make me strong. I don't really know why but I never argue with him because I enjoy his training. It helps me feel stronger and release pent up energy or emotions.

I take a deep breath in as I let in all the different smells around me. Soon enough I arrive home and find my dad sitting on the lounge watching TV he turns the volume down as he greets me. "How was training?"
"Yeah it was good."
"Did you get a few good hits on him?" He asked smiling.
"Yea, I nearly had him in the end." I laughed.
"Hahah good to hear. Get some sleep tomorrow's your birthday after all." He said before I made my way up.

As I walked past my parents room after brushing my teeth, I could hear them arguing about something quietly. I stopped and used my wolf hearing to listen through the closed door. They were talking about me.
"Helen you have to tell her the whole secret tomorrow, it's time. We where told to tell her on her 18th birthday."
"I know but im scared to see how she's going to react, she's not ready. What if she'll hate us Mark. I don't want to lose her"
"She needs to know the truth, she'll understand. She's gonna be the future Silver Moon Luna" My mum did a deep sigh as she agreed.
Wait what, Future Luna of our pack? What the fuck? I don't want to be a Luna, plus im not the leader type. Surely they are not talking about me.

I quickly tip toed back to my room and got into bed to think about what they where talking about.

I wonder what secret my parents are keeping from me.

I already knew that I was different, I can feel it but I don't know what's wrong with me.

I let my thoughts drift as I felt sleep creeping in.

************************
Hi guys I hope this wasn't to boring, it's gonna get better don't worry.
Comment so I know what you guys think about it.
Thank you guys for reading!
Bye bye! :)