Arc 1 Chapter 6: The Underworld Boss

Chen Yanyan woke up with a horrible headache like hangover. "Ah what's going on?"

System 0: "You've been passed out for a while now. Luckily Diyu has no intention to kill you for the time being, instead he seems to have abandoned you in this hospital."

Chen Yanyan sat up squinting rubbing his tired eyes. "Dammit I wanted to keep his attention for a little longer. Still..." Chen Yanyan breathed a deep sigh. "I survived."

His rapid beating heart had long since settled, yes he had survived, he was still alive.

System 0: "For now..."

Chen Yanyan despondently looked up at the system. "Tch you were barely any help, who's side are you on!"

System 0: "What do you mean, I was plenty helpful!"

Chen Yanyan: "In what way!?"

System 0: "I not only took away the effects of the truth serum, but I also gave out helpful criticism on your terrible acting."

Chen Yanyan: "...."

System 0: "By the way, what are you going to do now? Your target just coldly left you."

Chen Yanyan sighed. "I have a plan, he will be back in a few days."

【*Ding: systems skepticism raised by 5%】

Chen Yanyan's eyes twitched. "What was that?"

System: "Nothing."

..............

Like this Chen Yanyan continued to stay in the hospital meanwhile the system continued to nap most of the time. 

The Doctor, a few nurses, and two bodyguards all watched over him.

A few days passed and Chen Yanyan was given food but every day he refused to eat. He simply remained still as a rock in his hospital bed, moving only to longingly look out the window or refuse food.

His eyes were slightly glassy, saddened as he looked out, it was as if he felt burdened by false accusations.

As the days passed the few nurses there tried to have him force fed but Chen Yanyan would still refuse to eat, if he was forced to down anything he would quickly throw it back up. 

Discouraged, a nurse even tried using an IV drip on him but the moment it was in, Chen Yanyan quickly yanked it out without a word.

Chen Yanyan refused any sort of oral treatment and remained silent and stubborn.

The Doctor seemed to watch Chen Yanyan from affair but didn't interfere letting the nurses deal with him instead,  she was one that didn't seem like the type to deal with difficult patients or so Chen Yanyan hoped. 

Chen Yanayan wasn't wrong, for on the fifth day she finally gave Diyu a special call.

As soon as Diyu received the call he picked up.

Diyu: "I'm assuming you're calling to tell me Chen Yanyan's memories have returned?"

Doctor: "No, nothing like that has changed in his condition."

Diyu grew annoyed. "Then why did you bother calling me?"

The Doctors voice was equally annoyed, being a mafia doctor she seemed like one of the few people who could put up with Diyu's scary attitude. "Nothing has changed with his Amnesia but everyday he refuses food, ever since you left he hasn't eaten anything. Even when we try to force him it's futile. Right now he's already in an extremely weakened state, anymore than this and we'll have to sedate him which could be hard on his already damaged brain."

Diyu: "Why has he refused to eat?"

Doctor:. "I'm unsure he refuses to speak, he has quietly refused everything so far."

Hearing this Diyu gave a sneer. "I was gracious enough to let him live a bit longer and he chooses to starve? Hmmm I suppose I will be over soon."

With that Diyu hung up and began heading towards the hospital where Chen Yanyan currently resided.