Arc 1 Chapter 7: The Underworld Boss

Seeing this Diyu couldn't help but grow angered, he felt that no matter which way he pushed the man, he himself always ended up on the losing side! The brat was too good at deceiving, he would never admit to betraying.

*knock *knock

Just then the subordinate came back with a fresh crisp apple, he lightly tapped on the doorframe to signal his arrival. "H-here's the apple you wanted."

Diyu's face was dark and unreadable, he simply spat out one word. "Thank you."

The subordinate shivered and immediately turned sensing danger. "I-I'll continue to guard outside the door!"

Diyu paid no mind as he placed the apple in his left hand and took the carving knife he was still holding brining it towards the apple.

With scary gentleness he sliced the red apple evenly in silence, the sharp carving knife easily cutting into the fresh juicy skin of the fruit creating a crisp slicing noise.

All was quiet in the room as the pressure grew chilling, however Chen Yanyan seemed oblivious as he hungrily looked at the apple, it had been a 5 days since he had had a proper meal.

Only after Diyu diced the apple into six equal pieces did he finally look up with a twisted smile on his handsome face. "If you feel so strongly that you are being framed then I suppose I can make an exception..."

Chen Yanyan's face grew surprised like an excited puppy. "Really!?"

Diyu: "I am not an unreasonable boss, if you truly feel wronged then I will let you stay with me, and in return you can try to prove your innocence."

Although Diyu said this, he never intended to let the other man prove such a thing, rather it was the other way around.

Diyu realized that he would probably never get the man to admit his betrayal but that didn't mean he couldn't get the man to act it out.

Yes, Diyu felt odd about killing the man till he admitted to his traitorous ways, by having Chen Yanyan stay with him by his side he intended to fully expose the other man's lies.

Diyu: 'Perhaps if he won't admit it, his actions will.'

Diyu calmed the growing anger deep in his heart as he once again felt on top. He would not be twisted around by the younger man any longer, he would prove Chen Yanyan was a traitor just like everyone else was in this world.

Chen Yanyan looked up with thankful eyes stammering. "Th-thank you boss, I will prove that I did not betray you!"

For a moment Chen Yanyan paused before lightly whispering softly, full of emotion. "Thank you-thank you for trusting me."

Diyu's smile grew crooked as he heard such words, he couldn't wait to expose the man. With that he handed over the thinly sliced apple.

Diyu went out to the hall where now another faithful subordinate waited, Jian came towards his bosshaving just arrived.

Diyu: "Make arrangements for a wheelchair accessible vehicle."

Jian turned stunned as soon as he heard this. "B-boss... I just got here-you can't actually be considering having him stay with you!? You've never had anyone stay with you before and now you're letting him of all people!?"

Diyu sneered. "Yes I plan to take him to my vacation house with me..."

Before Jian could begin to panic Diyu continued. "That way it will be far easier to test him once he's in an unfamiliar environment."