Arc 1 Chapter 10: The Underworld Boss

Chen Yanyan wearily opened his eyes feeling like he had just forgotten a very sweet dream, he once again felt a splitting headache as he gazed towards a bleary floating white blob.

Chen Yanyan: "...angel?

System 0: "Well I am beautiful and perfect in every way, so I suppose the name is fitting."

Hearing the familiar voice Chen Yanyan frowned, his eyes filled with disappointment. Just how many times did he have to have a near death experience!?

Looking around he was greeted to four dark blue walls in an empty large room, there wasn't much to be seen but a bed, a dresser, a curtained window, and a familiar wheelchair left sitting in the far corner.

With a solemn voice he inwardly spoke. "Where am I?"

System 0: "You were placed in a room in the mansion."

Suddenly Chen Yanyan recalled the events that transpired before growing unconsious. "Wait what happened?!"

System: "You passed out."

Chen Yanyan grew annoyed. "I can see that! What happened to the tattooed man?! To Diyu! Why am I suddenly in a bed?"

The System seemed amused as it looked down. "Did none of what transpired seem odd?"

Chen Yanyan was unsure what the system was getting at before he finally took a moment to slow down and truly think over all the events that had occurred.

It only took him a moment to realize.

Chen Yanyan: "Tch, it was a set up!"

Systemn 0: "Bravo host, your a little less dumb than I expected."

Chen Yanyan's face grew bitter. "That b*stard! Only a shameless man would put the life of someone already injured in more danger, he really has nerve!"

It was one thing to protect Diyu out of life or death necessity, it was another thing to put his life on the line for nothing, Chen Yanyan felt cheated!

Even though this was the Mafia Chen Yanyan was used to simple buissness tactics, not tactics that could kill him!

His whole body ached from the feeling of cuts and bruises, the body was already previously injured, now he had more bumps and bruises than he could count. 

The man Diyu wasn't even there to see him when he woke up, truly despicable!

If Diyu was shameless enough to injure an already disabled man, then Chen Yanyan would simply make him repent by getting on an even greater level of shamelessness!

With that Chen Yanyan smiled alone in the cold empty room.

System 0: "....Creepy!"

Chen Yanyan: "I don't want to hear that from a transparent floating system..."

System 0: "Would it be better if I manifested a body?"

Chen Yanyan tried to imagine an invisible floating human following him, suddenly he filled with chills. "Wouldn't that make you like a ghost haunting me?!"

System 0: "I suppose it would... Haha that could be quite interesting!"

Chen Yanyan turned stiff. "Don't joke."

System 0: "Haha I could only do it if I used a bunch of points. But why would I? I would way rather use points to purchase snacks."

Chen Yanyan: "Are all systems gluttons?"

System 0: "Only the cool ones."

"Tch." Chen Yanyan should have known he couldn't expect a serious answer from the strange floating being.