Arc 1 Chapter 8: The Underworld Boss

All was quiet in the house, Diyu was currently somewhere upstairs while the system slept, Chen Yanyan used this time to close his eyes and remember his subordinates back home. 

He had already been in the hospital for a month undergoing lonely heart surgery, the company was probably on the brink of collapse, he was almost killed, and he found out "that man" wanted him dead...  

At least brother Lin would be there to comfort him when he got home, if he was able to get home...

*Creak

Suddenly Chen Yanyan heard the sound of shuffling behind.

"Ah Diyu-" Before he could even turn around a rough hand instantly reached out from behind and swiftly covered Chen Yanyan's mouth to ensure he made no noise.

"Mmphmhhh!" Chen Yanyan could only struggle while he was instantly overpowered. He heard the harsh click of a gun as he stared up to see the muzzle directly aimed at his face.

Familiar pain instantly stung deep within Chen Yanyan's memories, he turned stiff.

"Shhh, be quiet or I'm going to blow your face off." Chen Yanyan looked up to see a bald man with many scars and tattoos covering his face, he looked sinister and deadly giving off a cruel smile.

Chen Yanyan's heartbeat soared, he could handle the scary looking man but the gun petrified him, clenching his fists till they turned pale he inwardly shouted out for help. 

Chen Yanyan: "System! SYSTEM!"

.....

No reply came.

After all the damned system was sleeping!

Chen Yanyan clenched his jaw: 'Stupid System always sleeping at crucial moments!'

The tattooed man continued to give a cruel looking smile gazing down at Chen Yanyan. "Hey, tell me where Diyu is and I'll spare your life. I only have a personal grudge against him so I won't shoot you if you give me proper directions." 

The man paused roughly pushing the gun barrel against Chen Yanyan's cranium. "If you aren't honest though... I'll put several bullets in your head."

For a moment Chen Yanyan trembled in fear, although he was typically brave and unyielding, remembering the pain he experienced before from almost dying he couldn't help but grow stiff.

He knew what it felt like to die, to be riddled full of bullets.

Chen Yanyan: 'No, I have to keep calm.'

Chen Yanyan knew he couldn't let the situation get the better of him, calmly he thought through his predicament. 'He must be part of another group with a grudge against Diyu... if I give up Diyu's location upstairs I'd have a chance to escape.'

With that Chen Yanyan thought a little more before breathing in deeply, calmly speaking. "I'm currently disabled and can't fight back, If you let me go I"ll tell you where Diyu is."

.............

It was at this moment that a certain man gave an amused smile watching the act unfold on a security camera stationed upstairs in his private room. "Everyone's true nature eventually unfolds, now you've finally shown yours."

Diyu was watching Chen Yanyan confess, he was about to reveal Diyu's upstairs location.

Diyu had staged the entire event in order to bring out Chen Yanyan's true nature, with this he could verify the man was simply a lying traitor, whether he had amnesia or not didn't matter, Diyu was now certain Chen Yanyan had originally betrayed him.