Chapter 11. A first time father

Walking down the corridor of the hospital, both had settled down a bit from the slight "accident" they had on the way. And even if they had not truly, they still appeared to be calm nonetheless, as this was the only solution.

It also helped that as soon as they arrived, a young nurse was expecting the couple, and had also come to Aria's side gently helping her walk. With the third person between them, they did not have to pay attention to each other, although it seemed a bit strange to Aria, as to why the nurse had not only been waiting for her, but was also assisting Aria to walk of her own accord, supporting her by the hand.

She did not know, that the cold mechanical man, had already been instructed by the butler that Aria needed to be taken care of more attentively these days, because of the growing weight. Of course, the butler had only hinted to the man with the intention of the latter being the one to help his wife. But after carelessly pinching a certain part of her body, he did not dare help her himself, so had already texted the hospital for a nurse to wait outside for them.

As the owner of the hospital, naturally Aria did not need to wait in line, or wait for the doctor to finish her previous appointments. The OBGYN chief had already cleared her schedule for an hour in advance, and an hour before the known time of Aria's expected consultation.

'Mr. Black, Mrs. Black, thank you for coming.' The doctor respectfully greeted, then asked Aria a few questions related to how she was feeling these days. Assured that she had no visible problems, then proceeded to ask the couple to follow her to another room. 

'Mrs. Black, as you have already reached the seven months mark, I would like you to have another ultrasound scan to check the twins. Is that alright?' She smilingly asked, as she showed the two inside the office where the ultrasound machine was already prepared.

The middle aged woman had always been courteous to Aria, but with the addition of the owner of the hospital, even if she did not want to, at a subconscious level she was more apprehensive and polite than normal.

The gentleness displayed by the chief even the two interns by her side could not believe, how the one secretly nicknamed "spawn of the Netherworld"  by all the residents, could actually smile and show a gentle expression.

Seeing the smiling face of the kind doctor, naturally, Aria also showed a small smile, before nodding her head in affirmation. She was truly anticipating to see the small bundles of joy and hear the small heartbeats.

The small smile, coupled with her petite face and beautiful appearance, made not only the doctor more relaxed , but also made the two male interns grin a bit. Who wouldn't be happy seeing the fairy like appearance, as Aria's pregnancy and approachable nature, made her look no less beautiful than a blooming flower, rather than replace her womanly charm to only a maternal one.

It was a friendly atmosphere, as it was always when Aria came for her check-ups, but this time for some unknown reason the doctor actually felt a small shiver ran up her spine, and could not understand why, when nothing had seemed off until this moment.

She ignored the feeling, and directed Aria to lay down, as she took over the gel substance that had to be smeared on Aria's belly from the male intern,  before turning to her.

'Now Mrs. Black, please lift your dress.' 

'Alright!' Aria agreed to the request. She had purposely dressed in a looser one than normal, so it would be easier for the doctor, just in case she had decided to do an ultrasound. Moreover, she had also wore a pair of shorts underneath the dress, for the same reason. So hearing the doctor's words, she praised herself inside her mind, as she grabbed the hems of the dress, wanting to pull it up.