Chapter 23. Birds of a feather

The previous morning, at the OBGYN Department of the hospital

'Mrs Aria, you should have let the nurse inform the doctor you have come for the appointment.' Anne said to the small woman as they both sat in the hallway, waiting for Aria to have her weekly check-up. 

Just some minutes ago, a nurse spotted Aria and immediately came to her to take her to the appointment, skipping the people who were already lined up to enter the doctor's office, but Aria had refused.

'No, it's alright. We have already intruded in the doctor's normal schedule, let's wait patiently until she can receive me.' Aria said with a small smile. 

Because of Zane's early discharge from the hospital, they had moved the normal afternoon appointment to the morning, disturbing her attending doctor's normal program. So waiting for a few minutes, when the doctor was kind enough to modify her schedule was really not a problem.

'Mrs. Aria, the hospital is owned by the Black family, there is no issue with announcing our presence and letting you have the check-up first.' Anne immediately informed her.

'Even if it is. We should wait for our turn. Anyway it's the weekend today, so I don't think it will be a problem for Zane, if we are a bit late.' She maintained her stance.

Anne gave up when Aria insisted on waiting, and did not contradict her again. In the time they had spent together at the mansion, she knew that Aria meant her words, and wouldn't change her mind. She also knew, just how polite and well mannered she was.

'Excuse me, can I bother you for a second?' A heavily pregnant woman, a bit uncertain of whether to  speak or not, asked from a seat near Aria's.

'Yes?' Aria turned to the woman, and maintained her mellow usual tone, with a brightened face.

The lovely face coupled with the approachable attitude of Aria, gave the woman a bit more confidence, and finally dared to speak of the motive of her interruption.

'I have the next appointment with the doctor, and I would like to ask something of you. I do not know if it is a bother or not, but...' The woman tried to explain her request, feeling embarrassed of bothering the two.

'I am listening.' Aria told her with a tone that emphasized she would help the woman if it was in her abilities, at least that it was how it seemed in front of the woman who finally stated her request.

'I had to bring my little boy with me today to the appointment. I didn't have anyone to leave him with at home. Would it bother you to look after him while I am having my check-up? I know I am demanding something outrageous, but he is really scared of nurses and would cry if I let him with them.' The woman explained slowly. 

She had wanted to leave her boy with a nurse as she did not have any choice, even if the child was to cry. She was getting a physical control and could not look after him during her check-up. But seeing the two woman, and hearing their conversation, she could not help herself and dared ask Aria for her help.

For the  wife of the owner of the hospital to be so humble and polite, she was sure the latter would help her. She would not dare ask anyone else, as there were only strangers in the hallway, so naturally Aria's identity guaranteed she could trust her. 

'Ohhh... It would not be a bother at all. I am pregnant with boys, it would be a learning experience for me on how to interact with them.' Aria smiled, looking towards the four year old beautiful boy.

The woman knew that Aria wanted to reassure her with her words, and felt even more grateful.

As such, during the appointment of the woman, Aria sat next to the small bundle of joy, who kept laughing continuously as she played with him.