Chapter 45. The rumored Madame president

A week later, the Langdon's branch family's home

"Maybe you should stay home after all." Patricia expressed worried, looking towards her beautiful daughter who was currently skillfully applying her make-up.

"It's a party for all the employees, a gathering made to celebrate the founding of the company and an occasion to mingle and forge better working relationships. I just got hired by the consortium, I can't not go." Aileen sighed a bit, as though she was tired of explaining to her mother again, but did not stop at all her hands from doing their magic. She could sense where the hesitation from her mother was coming from, but pretended not to notice it, acting as casual and as normal as she could.

A week ago when they had met the Black family their sense of crisis caused by Jillian's and Zane's closeness intensified, especially Aileen's. So much so that she had tried to convince her parents at that time to do something about it, but her parents refused, arguing that it was not the right time to do so.

They insisted that even more so they should stick with acting on their original plan, as Zane's revenge would undoubtedly be greater than they originally thought. Her parents told her not to worry, they would make sure that the two would certainly separate. They told her to trust them, though they still did not explain to her the content of their plan.

As expected, Aileen thought. They cared more for themselves than for her, this realization making her distasteful of even her own parents. Their fear of the Blacks mattered more to them than her, their own daughter. They could not understand that once she separated Jillian from Zane, it would be so easy for her to make the man fall in love with her.

Jillian had just been the first one in his eyes that was all. If he had seen her first, how could that bland woman ever get this chance?

"Alright. Just make sure to take care of yourself." Patricia sighed and finally did not insist more.

Well, some might say she gave in too easily, especially since she knew very well her daughter's personality. But she was not aware that her daughter had a copy of the contract, otherwise it was doubtful she would give in this easily. Perhaps she might have even stopped her from going to work at the consortium altogether.

At the same time, Black mansion

"Master, the lady is ready." Anne respectfully informed Zane who was at this moment sitting relaxed in the living room reading a newspaper.

As a man, his preparations to go out to the party had long been completed, but for his wife, naturally they would take a bit more. So he had been patiently waiting for Aria to glamour up for the gathering of the employees.

It was the first time he was taking her to a work related function so, not to mention the small woman who had asked him countless of times if it was alright for her to attend the gathering with an evident nervous and timid attitude, he was also feeling quite giddy at the thought of presenting her officially as his wife for all to see.

Most of the employees had already heard of her, some of them had seen her in passing through the company, but with the both of them side by side at the party as a couple... it could not compare.

"Alright." Zane calmly affirmed, before raising on his feet and heading towards the hallway.

He was not really curious or anxious to see Aria in a formal dress, or with make up on her face. In the past before she had her accident, she had always appeared with a perfect attire. In fact, he had never seen her without make-up on before, even a strand of her hair was never out of place in her perfect hairdo, not a wrinkle on her clothes.