Chapter 25. The wife of the CEO

'Susan, you're here!' The young woman greeted her friend, as the latter was arranging her uniform  while stepping behind the reception desk, alongside her. The both of them dressed in matching uniforms.

'Yup! Let me tell you, I thought I wouldn't make it in time for my shift!' Susan wheezed, as she started to sort the documents in front of her.

'That would have been bad. Especially today!' Linda, the other receptionist, slowly whispered to her colleague.

'Why?' Susan, a bit flushed as she rushed to arrive in time, asked worried. She knew that three delayed arrivals for her shift at the Black's company meant dismissal from her work, but this was the first time she had been at a close call of coming late, and also in the end she avoided such a situation in the nick of time.

'That actress is here again!' Linda said, while Susan rolled her eyes at the information she found out.

Faye, one of the top actresses in the country at the moment, was unfortunately also the daughter of a shareholder at one of the companies that made up the Black family's consortium. Her father owned a portion of shares at just one out of those twenty companies, and it was not even the biggest of them all. But when that woman came to the main building for the last two weeks or so, she acted like her family owned the place.

'Just why in the world did that woman come again? The president only did her father a favor by employing her for some commercials. Is there a need to come and speak to the president about them? It's not even under his scope, there's the hired director in charge of the commercials who could inform her of whatever issues she might have.' Susan remarked annoyed.

It was not their problem if the woman kept pinning on their president, at least normally it shouldn't have been. But the problem was that each time Faye came, their manager became irritable and more demanding than usual. Or better said, the manager would take her frustration out on them.

'Tell me about it. Anyway, just like last time, I have a gut feeling that manager Leah will be pissed off and thus stricter than usual about the rules. You were lucky.'  Linda agreed to Susan's words, feeling relieved for her friend.

Although it was not a widely known news inside the company, the receptionists who were in contact with all the departments of the company knew this fact very well. The manager of the internal affairs, manager Leah, had a crush on the president since she first started working for the company. So if someone were to show interest in him, well her temper would become unpleasant.

Well, not that they thought the actress was better. Reckoned the two receptionist at the same time it seemed, as they both sighed looking in each other's eyes knowingly.

'Linda... hey, I wonder what those two women would  think, if the thing we saw last time at the mall was real.' Susan asked mischievously with a shushed voice.

'Do you mean that man who was walking holding the hand of a pregnant lady and had a dog cage in his other hand?' Linda with an even quieter voice tried to confirm if their thoughts were the same.

'Yes.' Nodded Susan, getting closer to Linda so they could hear each other better.

'Honestly, I would be glad, those two are too arrogant for their own good. I mean the president does have a wedding ring on his finger, though everyone knows that's just for convenience sake so he doesn't attract too many flies.' Linda affirmed, imagining what kind of faces those woman would have.

'Right! I actually would really want to see their faces if he were really married and would appear with a woman holding his arm.' Susan agreed and broke out in a small giggle, thinking of those two's shocked expressions, though they both knew there was no way for their president to have been that man.