Chapter 46. For my one and only

Sparkling chandeliers, glamorous arranged tables, a slow classical music in the background that seemed to go hand in hand with the general elegant atmosphere.

Employees and business partners alike, everyone expected no less from the biggest consortium in the country, so they were not unaccustomed to the mood. Of course the people invited to this party fitted in the picture perfectly as well. All of them were the elite in their fields of expertise, so not to mention their select attires and manners, even most of the subjects of their discussions were also business oriented.

Talks of the general market, fluctuations of the economy, next year predictions... these matters were going all around the room, except the principal table where the president and his wife were situated at...

"I knew you would like that book. The degree of attention to details is impressive. I mean the way the villainess took her revenge on those who had wronged her can't compare." Aria affirmed happily.

"Yes, you were right. But you got to admit the transmigration book I gave you was also good. I won't give reasons for why it was awesome, I am sure the book itself proved it to you." Malcom smirked and proudly stated, as he took his glass from the table and sipped a mouthful of wine.

"Alright, it was indeed good. I could not put it down until I finished it." She sighed and finally relented to Malcom. She had indeed enjoyed the book, naturally she couldn't lie about it. Even though she was really reluctant to do so.

Her personality was like this, so it was no wonder. The only reason no one knew about her not being the real owner of the body was because no one would ever ask her upfront about it. Otherwise, she would most likely give herself away in a heartbeat because of her too honest expression.

"See? Was it so difficult to admit it?" Malcom teased playfully as his cheeky smile deepened.

"Malcom." Zane intervened suddenly, before the aggrieved Aria had even opened her mouth to answer.

"Yes?" Malcom looked towards his friend confused, and waited for the latter's words. It was unusual that Zane had something to tell him. Generally, his so called friend would only show interest in speaking with him only if he needed an advice.

"Aren't you going to get a new girlfriend soon?" Zane asked him expressionlessly as ever. The somber man did not sketch the slightest of change in expression that could make Malcom understand from where this interest in his love life came from, especially at this very moment.

"No. Why?" Malcom replied curious, and feeling strange that Zane asked about such a matter, inquired about the reason. If he were to think about it, the man had never asked him something like this ever.

"I thought you would be lonely by yourself. I mean time is running out, you are not getting younger. You should start seeking a suitable lady for yourself." Zane continued speaking with the same uninterested tone.

"Eh... No, I am not lonely. Malcom replied touched, a small obstruction in his throat preventing him from talking properly. His friend did care about him, he thought.

Zane always seemed aloof and detached from any matters that had even the slightest connection to feelings and concern towards most people. Even towards his own mother and him, his best friend, he did not show much interest in their private time and relationships, if any at all.

So even though he was a little pricked by Zane's question about a lover, as he felt as though the latter was flaunting his love and more importantly his superiority in life, the intention of his friend's words over shone any complaints he might have had.

It seemed that the reciprocated feeling of love from his wife, had turned the man softer and friendlier. Perhaps in the future, with the arrival of the twins, Zane would finally even admit that he was his best friend. He was really looking forward to that day.