Chapter 29. Misunderstandings

'I will bring Faye to apologize to the Madame. Assistant Ryan you know our family, you are aware of what kind of people we are. Since the generation of the old master of the Black family we have never dared overstep ourselves. Faye, that child, she just...' Davis hurriedly tried to reason as best he could. 

Once he found out what the reason for the president's anger was, he had lost his composure. But when a lot of money and the future of his family were involved, the man had regained his businesslike manner, and that was... resolving the situation in any way possible.

'Mister Davis, even if what you are saying were to be true. The fact that our Madame is currently in the hospital is not something our president can overlook.  You certainly know his unbending attitude. You can plead however you want to, but frankly I don't think it will make any difference.' Ryan, having no patience whatsoever, stopped the man from continuing his words.

He already had to deal with the aftermath of the president having taken the day off, even though he was supposed to return to the meeting after his lunch with his wife. He was  fulfilling the orders of the president regarding the employees who were to be fired, and on top of that he was also dealing with his usual every day work matters. His hands were full, and because of this he was more sharp than usual.

Well, even if it weren't for how busy he had become today, to see the president's wife in that state, and knowing her condition, he could relate to how Zane was feeling. Not to mention, he knew for a fact that Zane would never change his mind once he had decided on something.

'Even if it doesn't make a difference, at least I want to offer my apologies. Faye will also want to, that child will surely regret the misunderstanding that was created. She is not the kind of a person who is capable to hurt a fly, even less a human. Once the Madame speaks with her...' 

Davis could feel Ryan's arrogant voice and he was truly displeased by it. How could a mere assistant talk to a shareholder like how he was speaking now? But of course, his tone was mellow and repenting. He wouldn't show a speck of his true attitude until the matter was brushed over.

'Mister Davis, I am waiting for the signed contract to be delivered until six pm. You have two hours until then. Goodbye.' Ryan had arrived to the end of his patience, so he stopped the conversation altogether, closing the ongoing call.

As if that actress could really repent about what she did. And did Davis really think he hid his displeasure perfectly? Ryan thought as he shook his head, baffled by Davis's poor attempt at covering his daughter's blatant disregard towards their Madame. And what use did the words "that child" instead of "my daughter" had in speaking with him. Was he trying to appear objective? He was Faye's father, he already was as subjective as one could be.

Putting the phone down on his desk, Ryan took the paper that was in front of him, and slid it until the document was on the opposite side of the desk.

'Well then, please sign this document. We have no use in keeping you for the duration of your notice period, but do not worry you will receive the payment for it with your final salary. Just so you don't have any doubts, this fact is written in the document. You can read it before you sign. I expect the document back until 6pm.' Ryan again spoke with the same tone he had used earlier on the phone, unbothered in the slightest by the shocked state of the woman who did not even dare touch the paper from his desk.

Leah, the manager of internal affairs, seemed to think that as long as she did not take the dismissal paper from Ryan's desk, her position in the company would remain the same, or at least that was how it appeared to Ryan.

'B-but I just followed the rules. I did not have any intention other than this. This was just a misunderstanding...' The woman finally spoke with a cracked voice after a brief moment of pondering of how to start her point of view.