Chapter 30

*9 months later*

"I'm home!" Brian called out as he entered the front door. "Where my girls at?"

"Daddy!" A four year old Kassi yelled as she came running in from the other room.

"There she is!" He exclaimed bending down to scoop her up into his open arms. He pressed a single kiss to her cheek and held her close on his hip. "How's my princess?"

"Good!" Kassi giggled before noticing the grocery bag in his hand. "What did you get?"

"I can't tell you, it's a surprise." He shrugged, hiding the bag behind his back.

"Tell me!" Kassi laughed trying to peak behind him and see.

"No way, kiddo. You're gonna have to wait 'til after dinner." He told her, setting her back down onto the ground. "Where's mommy?"

"Kitchen." Kassi pointed before skipping back to the tv room.

Brian headed into the kitchen and was immediately hit with the smell of something amazing. He stopped in the entrance of the kitchen and shook his head when he saw a very pregnant Rachel standing over the stove cooking pasta. Even though he wasn't thrilled that she was cooking he couldn't help but smirk to himself as he looked her up and down. She wore tight capris and one of his hoodies with her hair up in a bun. Something only Rachel could make look so sexy.

"What do you think you're doing, Mrs. Quinn?" He asked, making her jump a little. Rachel spun on her heels and winced knowing he wasn't gonna be happy about her cooking. He looked at her disapprovingly with his eyebrow raised. "I told you I don't want you cooking anymore. You're nine months pregnant, let me do it."

He walked up to her taking the spoon from her grasp and giving her a quick kiss before shooing her away.

"Brian come on!" She whined. "You won't let me do anything. I feel useless."

He shot his head in her direction and looked at her like she was crazy.

"Useless?!" He laughed. "You've been growing our baby for nine months. That doesn't sound so useless to me."

That made Rachel smile and she placed on hand on his shoulder to support herself as she leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I love you." She proclaimed.

"I love you too." He returned, giving her a quick peck on the lips before turning back to the pasta.

"What's in the bag?" Rachel questioned now noticing it as it sat on the counter.

"Why don't you look and see?" He smirked knowing she was gonna love what was in that bag.

She opened it up and immediately smiled when she saw a container of chocolate ice cream. She had said last night that she was really craving it and obviously Brian listened. This ice cream was just another thing to add to her cravings list throughout this pregnancy.

"You seriously went out and got ice cream?" She asked, placing it in the freezer before it was to melt.

"Of course I did. I'm a pretty good husband, huh?" He grinned, glancing over at the woman who made her way to his side.

"The best." She whispered against his chest as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"Don't start crying." He warned playfully.

Along with her many cravings her hormones had been all over the place as of late and the simplest things would make her cry.

The other day Kassi simply told Rachel she loved her and almost instantly Rachel bursted into tears.