Part 41

Jon and (YN) barely have time adjusting to recent revelations, before an unexpected visitor arrives from the south.

A/N: This was a hard chapter to write. I feel like I struggled with the pacing a bit, so I hope it's okay. It's been difficult trying to figure out the best way to wrap this whole series up. I know how I want to finish it, I just got to work out how to go about it. I've come this far, I don't want to mess it up!!!

Word count: 4591

Warnings: Some angst. That's is I think. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Please feel free to drop me a message or comment, your feedback would be very much appreciated.

"Angus, say something," came (YN)'s voice as she watched her brother staring at her silently, his expression uncomprehending and yet, undeniably distressed

"Angus, say something," came (YN)'s voice as she watched her brother staring at her silently, his expression uncomprehending and yet, undeniably distressed. After finding out just that morning about her ancestral tie to the Night King, she wrestled with the thought of telling him. She knew it would cause him futile concern to know it needed to be her to bring the fatal blow to the king of death. But she also knew if she decided not to share the information, he would do everything in his brotherly power to keep her as far from him as possible. And so, she had to tell him, there was no other choice. Speaking his name again, she finally caught his attention, his eyes focusing on hers. Then watching as his distress transformed with guilt, he spoke as he shook his head, as if the simple act would make her words untrue, "I'm sorry."

Confused, (YN) furrowed her brows, "Sorry..? For what?"

Taking a moment, Angus expelled a quiet breath, "I'm sorry our mother is not my real mother... It should be me fighting him, not you."

(YN) sighed, grabbing the pitcher beside her and poured her brother an ale, pushing it across the table to him. Then pouring herself one, she replied, her voice strangely calm, "Why Angus? It has to be someone, so why not me? I am no more important than you."

Angus was quick to react, "But you are... you and Jon are the two most important people the North has right now... maybe even in all of Westeros. The pair of you are everything a King and Queen should be." Grabbing the ale, he took a large mouthful, before placing it back down, his elbows coming to rest upon the table. Then leaning his whole body towards her, he added, "And what sort of brother would I be if I didn't want to protect my little sister from anyone wanting to cause her harm?"

Resting her hand around his forearm, she tilted her head a little, "I'm still going to need your help... I don't think I can do this alone."

Shaking his head, Angus almost rolled his eyes, a deep chuckle resounding in his throat. Reaching across, he cradled the back of her head, his hand steering both their foreheads to meet in the middle of the small table, "Did you really think I would leave you to do this alone? Or Jon... or Tormund? Never, will you be alone in this." Dropping his hand, he wrapped them both around his ale, giving his head another little shake, this time finding a small smile creep upon his lips. "All the Northerner's gathered outside adore you, and I don't think the Dragon Queen's men are far behind... there will be plenty to fight with you... and I plan on sticking right by your side."