Part 25

Credit to the Gif creator

Summary: A multi-chapter GoT x Reader series. Jon is dead and (YN) feels lost, unsure what to do next or how she is going to fight the army of the dead without him, let alone grieve.

Series Warning: The series will roughly follow the TV storyline, so it's not always going to be smooth sailing for the reader.

Pairings: Robb Stark x Reader, Jon Snow x Reader

Chapter Warnings: Angst and grief (that's about it - it is GoT after all)

Word Count: 4401

Please feel free to drop me a message or comment your feedback would be very much appreciated.

The room was mostly quiet, illuminated by just a few flickering candles and a small fire, leaving it dark and full of shadows

The room was mostly quiet, illuminated by just a few flickering candles and a small fire, leaving it dark and full of shadows. Only a handful of people stood around the room, all of them gathered around Jon's body as he lay cold and motionless on a table. All except (YN). She sat alone in the corner, tired drained and mentally exhausted, her head a mess, caught uselessly between grief and the heavy burden of deciding what should come next. The sight of him laying there stripped bare from the waist up, his horrifying wounds on display for everyone to see, was just too much for her head and chest to cope with, making it almost impossible to function. There was so much blood... so many stab wounds... that she couldn't believe he was still alive when she had found him. But now with Thorne and his henchmen securely locked away, awaiting their judgment, all she wanted to do was curl up in her bed and cry, but there was no time, decisions needed to be made. Releasing a slow breath, (YN) dropped her eyes to the floor, knowing that even if she could allow herself a moment to curl up into a useless ball, that moment would not come, because Tormund had already made it painfully clear that she would not be staying at Castle Black another day. Even with Thorne locked away, he did not trust a soul outside of this room and he would not risk losing another friend to the gods just yet. And she wasn't about to argue with the man, without him and his men they would still be stuck in this room with Thorne ready to break through the door and kill them all.

With a deep breath, she looked up to Tormund to see him watching her with pursed lips and eyes full of sympathy. Taking the few short steps to her side, he sat down beside her, "That pretty head of yours is cursed with too many thoughts... I can see it... You need to stop thinking and worry about it all tomorrow." Then nudging her shoulder with his, he looked over to Jon and added, "You've got enough to deal with right now."

(YN) sighed heavily, Tormund was right, she was trying to work out what she should do now. The Night King and his army of the dead were coming... it was inevitable and she knew she had to fight them. Yes, Jon was gone and she could barely think straight without him... but the Night King wouldn't stop to let her mourn, he would continue to march through the day and night gathering every dead and breathing soul along the way. If they were even going to have a slither of a chance at defeating him they would need an army of their own, but right now she couldn't think past the giant aching hole in her chest that threatened to take over her entire body. Let alone work out how she was going to convince the people of Westeros that the army of the dead was real... and that they were coming... coming for everyone. How in the gods was she ever going to raise an army big enough to offer them any sort of hope if she couldn't even convince them that the stories... the nightmares from their childhood were true?