Part 8

Credit to gif creator

Chapter summary: Bad news arrives from King's Landing, leaving Robb with an important decision to make and (YN) can't shake the feeling that something terrible is happening beyond the wall.

Series Warning: the series will roughly follow the TV storyline, so it will not all be happy endings for Robb and the reader. The reader may or may not be paired with another character, further down the line.

Word Count: 4579

Chapter Warnings: None really, I guess both the reader and Robb struggle a little with worry, maybe depression at a stretch? It is quite a plot-heavy chapter though!

Hope you enjoy and please, feel free to drop me a message, feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Robb had already read (YN) the words, but they were not sinking in, she needed to see them for herself

Robb had already read (YN) the words, but they were not sinking in, she needed to see them for herself. Putting out her hand, Robb placed the little piece of parchment in her open palm as it rolled back in on itself again. Looking at her husband as she unravelled it between her fingers, she noticed how all the colour had drained from his face. There it was staring at her, in Sansa's neat black script, the word was screaming at her now, TREASON and it was causing her head to spin. Both Lord Stark and her parents were being held by that horrid, decrepit excuse for a King, 'Joffrey'. Even saying his name in her head, made her skin crawl. With Robert Baratheon dead, any Stark or Stark bannerman in King's landing, walked a precarious line and with Eddard already questioning Joffrey's claim to the throne, their very lives now hung in the balance. 'Poor Sansa an Arya', (YN) could only hope they were being treated well, although she didn't hold much hope for that. Jaime Lannister's attack on Eddard had been bad enough, but this, this was completely mad. And now, both she and Robb were being summoned to Kings Landing to pledge fealty to the wretched boy king, (YN) needed to sit down her legs were beginning to feel a little unsteady.

Lowering herself into the wooden chair behind her she dropped the parchment into her lap, these Lannisters were really starting to get to her, first Bran, then the assassin, next came the attack on Eddard and now this. (YN) shook her head in disbelief, the only decent one amongst them was Tyrion and besides Jaime, all the Lannisters detested him. 'At least he won his battle by combat though', (YN) fleetingly thought to herself, she really didn't believe that Tyrion had anything to do with Bran's fall or the following attempt on his life. For one, he just doesn't seem the type to hurt a child and two, he is far too intelligent to give an assassin his own dagger and after thinking long and hard about it, she had concluded that both Cersei and Jaime were too clever for that too. Which brought her thoughts back to Joffrey, realising, that's exactly the type of stupid thing he would do.

(YN) felt glad for Tyrion, glad for him that he was free. Nevertheless, even though she knew he was innocent, she was smart enough to realise it would have been beneficial to their present situation if Catelyn still held him prisoner. Giving them leverage to get Eddard and her parents released, but now they had nothing, the realisation causing dread to rise in her chest. Knowing that pledging fealty was not an option for either herself or Robb, it left them with only one other, war. Looking up to Robb, she noticed him staring at her, though his thoughts were a million miles away, leaning forward in her chair (YN) grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. When his eyes focused on her, they filled with concern as he soothingly rubbed the back of her hand, "(YN), are you okay?"