Part 39

For (YN), the trip north from Dragonstone was just as torturous as sailing down the coast, but for very different reasons. And arriving back at Winterfell brings her an unexpected early surprise.

A/N: I really, really hope this chapter isn't disjointed. I wanted to sit down and give this chapter time, but life with 4 children this close to Christmas has left me with only short spurts of time to write. Some of it flowed really easily, others not so much, so I hope it still flows smoothly.

Word count: 4734

Warnings: None really. I guess it gets a little heated.

Please feel free to drop me a message or comment, your feedback would be very much appreciated.

True to her word, (YN) sailed back to Dragonstone and refused to step back on the ship to sail to White Harbour

True to her word, (YN) sailed back to Dragonstone and refused to step back on the ship to sail to White Harbour. Gathered around the painted table, everyone tried to convince her otherwise. All besides Jon, he knew it was a waste of breath, but still, it amused him to watch them try. She was so stubborn, and yet in the calmest possible way. Not once did she lose her patience, it was just a simple 'no' and there was no swaying her otherwise. Eventually, they too realised that they were wasting their breath and gave up, moving on to a much easier task... working out the logistics of how they would get everyone to Winterfell. It was quite simple really. First they would sail to White Harbour along with the Unsullied, where they would join up with Jon and (YN) and the Dothraki, before making the rest of the journey together on horseback. Deciding it was the best way to show a truce of sorts between both the King in the North and Daenerys. And once arriving, they would continue to prepare for 'The Long Night' while they waited for the Lannister armies to arrive.

Surprisingly, the trip south had proved fruitful, negotiations between the monarchs had gone better than expected. Soon after Cersei's encounter with the wight, she pledged peace until the army of the dead was defeated, even going as far as offering her own armies as reinforcement. However, the truce was not without it's conditions. Cersei asked... almost demanded, "In return, the King in the North will extend this truce. He will remain in the north where he belongs, he will not take up arms against the Lannister's and he will not choose sides." But she did not extend her request to Daenerys' already knowing she would not accept the truce, nor trust her if she did. Trusting it only of Ned Stark's son, raised to be honourable and a man of his word. Not that it was going to be a difficult promise for Jon to make. While the north remained vulnerable, he would not even contemplate bending the knee. Besides, he had already pledged his honour, his life, his love, to the one becoming increasingly known as the Wildling Queen. The woman who would soon stand by his side as Queen in the North. The only queen he would ever truly bend the knee to.

For (YN), the trip from Dragonstone to White Harbour and then on to Winterfell, had been sweet, blissful torture. It felt so good to be back out riding again, even if the weather had turned decidedly worse since she was last in the North. It was beginning to feel like she was still beyond the wall. But to be out in the open, with the crunch of snow beneath her feet... beneath her horse's feet, came with such welcome relief, so much better than the relentless motion of the sea. But it was the night, the hours when she retired for the evening that brought the sweet, blissful torture. Sweet blissful torture by the name of Jon.