Part 45

The time has come for the northern monarchs to repay Daenerys for her vital role during the 'Long Night,' and begin the long trip south with their army.

Warnings: Mentions seasickness, some descriptions of violence towards the end (including violence against women, nothing too graphic). That's about it.

Word Count: 4042

Please feel free to drop me a message or comment, your feedback would be very much appreciated..

It had been less than an hour sailing in the open sea, and already (YN) was feeling ill. Her head throbbed, she felt clammy all over and her stomach was cursing the tiny breakfast she had stupidly eaten that morning. Why in all the hells had she gone and volunteered herself to sail to Dragonstone with Daenerys? She promised herself not so long ago that she would never set foot on another ship again, but here she was, defying her own stubborn proclamation. Of course, she knew it was a necessary evil, but that knowledge wasn't helping her right now. And Jon. After leaving his side little more than an hour ago she already missed him like crazy. Missed his amused features when the relentless motion of the open sea would begin to take its toll. Missed his sweet forgiving smile when she snapped nasty words at him after losing patience with the ruthless churning of her stomach. But most of all she missed his soft touch. The gentle motion of his hand rubbing soothing circles around her back when her head was buried in a bucket at her feet. Just as it did now. And the fact he didn't approve of her sailing with Daenerys without him, left their farewell a rather contentious one. Not that they argued about it, but he was certainly not shy about letting his concerns known.

There was no arguing, because the poor man had given up long ago trying to change her stubborn mind about anything, but she did admit his concerns were valid ones. The Dragon Queen may for the moment, see her and Jon as allies, but both of them knew it would not last. And that was what had him so concerned. They were only allies because, at this point in time, allies was what she needed. With her and Jon ruling the north, the Dragon Queen soon came to realise that the northern people would never accept her as their queen, and so her only solution would be to either relinquish the North or... make them disappear.

There was one other reason why Jon protested against (YN)'s ocean adventure. A reason that kept him up at night from the moment she made her little announcement at the war council and would continue to do so until she was back in the safety of his arms. Daenerys loved him. He didn't understand why, but he couldn't deny it, even if he was uncomfortable admitting it out loud. Not that he needed to, (YN) had seen it from the very beginning. The subtle jealousy whenever the three of them shared the same space was evident in her beautiful violet eyes. And it was not just love that fuelled her jealousy. Daenerys knew that with Jon by her side, her pursuit for the seven kingdoms would be much easier, almost guaranteed. But Daenerys was no fool. (YN) could see she had loved before, been deeply loved in return, making it possible for the dragon queen to recognise that same deep and unconditional love between her and Jon, constantly reminding her that he would never reciprocate her feelings. And it was that, coupled with the resistance of the Westerosi people conforming to her rule, which had (YN) noticing Daenerys' concerning and increasing urge to isolate from everyone, including her own advisors. But for now, she knew she was safe, even if Jon didn't. Because without the backing of the northern forces the mother of dragons simply did not have enough manpower to defeat Cersei.