Chapter 36

Credit to the Gif Creator

Summary: A multi-chapter Got x Reader series.

Jon arrives at Eastwatch to venture beyond the wall, in search of a wight in hopes it will create a temporary truce between the rulers of Westeros. Will (YN) arrive in time to accompany him in his dangerous mission?

A/N: Sorry this chapter took so long to post and sorry it's so long. I was going to split it in 2, but it would have ruined the flow. I cut words, added word, cut some more. Hopefully, it's worth it.

Word count: 6670 (I know... I'm sorry)

Warnings: Swearing, angst, battle scenes, death.

Please feel free to drop me a message or comment your feedback would be very much appreciated.

There it was. Eastwatch. Finally. Within sight of the Nights Watch castle, (YN)'s eyes searched across the Bay of Seals, her stiff shoulders loosening, relieved to find not a single Targaryen ship docked in the icy water. Reaching down, she ran her hand along the Pip's mane, her voice full of affection, "Where almost there, and I think you got me here just in time." Scratching behind his ear, Pip shook his head, loving every second of it, "Why did I even contemplate not bringing you along, you've never failed me before, have you 'Old Boy?'" The old horse nickered as if he was pleased with himself, and (YN) couldn't help but smile.

Breathing in, she could smell the salt on the freezing afternoon winds, taste it on her tongue, grateful she had made it there before Jon, grateful she had made it before darkness engulfed what would soon be another moonless night, making any travel impossible until the weak light of dawn. It had been a race against time, from the moment Jon's message arrived at Winterfell. Dragonstone may have been double the distance to Eastwatch, but he had a ship, all she had was 'Old Pip' and a prayer. Praying to the gods, that the weather would be kind to her and her travels would go without a hitch. And for the most part, besides the pitch black nights, it had.

Angus had been dead against her going, especially alone, insisting that if she must go, then he must accompany her. (YN) tried using his reluctance to leave Sansa alone with Lord Baelish against him, knowing very well that his horse riding would slow her down, but he came back with an undeniable counter argument. Raising his brows, he laughed a little, "I've come to realise that like you, my 'wife to be' needs very little protection. And with Arya here, she's safer than she'd be with Westeros' best assassin by her side."

(YN) smiled, because it was true. At first, when Arya returned the two sister's relationship was strained... strained being a rather generous description. Both of them had changed so much and neither was sure if they could trust the other. Baelish did not help the matter either. He was busy playing the pair against each other, as if he was a some kind of wicked puppet master. Yet (YN) could see right through it, could see him try to include her in his little games too. Nevertheless, after a few tense moments and some wise insight from her, the two sisters sorted themselves out. And if Little Finger didn't sort himself out and leave, the two sisters would sort him out themselves. With the skills Arya brought home, fighting skills so adept and brutal, anyone wishing to cause her family harm, must surely have a death wish.