Part 3

Credit to the gif creator

Summary: A multi chapter Robb Stark x Reader series.In this chapter, the reader gets the chance to get to know her betrothed better, before their wedding day.

Series Warning: the series will roughly follow the TV storyline, so it will not all be happy endings for Robb and the reader. The reader may or may not be paired with another character, further down the line.

Hope you enjoy it, I've enjoyed writing this chapter, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Word Count: 5681 Sorry it's so long, I got a bit carried away

Chapter Warnings : None really, a tiny bit of angst at times, but fluff as well.

Masterlist

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback, it will help me to improve.  

The last few days had been a whirlwind

The last few days had been a whirlwind. Winterfell was buzzing in preparation for Lord Robb and Lady (YN)'s wedding. It was only going to be a relatively small affair for the future Lord and Lady of the North, being at such short notice not many guests would get all the way to Winterfell in time. Still, the King and his family were there along with a few other houses that still remained from the King's feast and a small number of other houses were due to arrive before the big day. During those days (YN) wasn't expected to do anything and it was a strange feeling to her, with such a small household staff back home at Mountainbreak she was used to getting in and doing things. Lady Neasa was the first born child to the chieftain of mountain clan 'Hardy' and she knew the importance of a girl being able to look after herself. With all her family now gone from harsh winters or wildling and Ironborn raids, she knew too well how one can be left alone in the world and she made sure her daughter would not be left helpless, should the same happen to her. So growing up Lady (YN) was given all the lessons she needed to be a proper Lady, however, her parents also made sure she was given all the knowledge and skills she needed to look after herself if the need ever arose. So all this free time was something new to her, the most she had done in preparation for the wedding was to try on her dress. Just two days ago her mother had presented her with the very same dress she had worn on her wedding day. (YN) remembered seeing it as a young girl and thinking it was the most beautiful thing she had seen and looking at it now was no different. "Mother are you sure you want me to wear it?"

Lady Neasa's eyes began to water, "Of course I do, I didn't bring it along for me, I'm not planning on getting married again". Placing her hand over her daughter's she smiled, "I knew when we left Mountainbreak that we would soon find you a good match. And look, here we are on the first stop of our trip and you're betrothed the very next day." Giving her mother a kiss on her cheek (YN) got up to try the dress on.

"Mother it's perfect", and it was. Soft snow coloured fabric with dark accents made to look like the markings of their snowy owl sigil. It had a high neck and fitted sleeves right down to the wrists. The waist tapered in before subtly fanning out to the ground. Over the top of the dress was a very warm but delicately fashioned shawl, made to look as though it was created from soft pearlescent feathers. Standing there looking at her reflection, her mother came up behind her, "You look much more beautiful in it than I ever did", after drying her eyes Neasa tried distracting herself by adjusting the dress on (YN)'s frame, "The waist will need to be brought in a bit and the hem taken up at the bottom slightly, Lady Sansa has offered to do any alterations, well she actually insisted on doing them".