♛ 6

Calm and composed, yet brutal in combat. 

That's how Mark views Dasom. She has the potential to be a skilled assassin, and she should be able to excel the games easily.

But that's just based on his judgement, in a few minutes they'll see if his judgement about her is true. Because if it is, she might be the one and only person that could overpower or compete with him if she takes enough training.

That's something he doesn't want. No- never want.

Jeno took a deep breath, looking at the screen anxiously. It's been a while since the last game, that's why he's pretty nervous about it.

"Standby. Choosing members in 3, 2, 1,"

Dasom stared at the screen, curious to see how the system works. She may look calm on the outside but she'd be lying if she said she's not scared at all.

The system will choose the members randomly and the games that will be held. They can't choose the game they're going to play, but they can choose who will play in each as long as they are authorized to play. 

There are in total of 9 games, but only 8 have been revealed to the students. No one knows what the 9th game is. It was conducted once, but no one made it out alive therefore, no one really knows what that game is about.

Some say it involves a scary and deadly beast, something beyond their imagination. But other than that, the 8 games are already complex but simple for the ones that managed to excel it.

"Xiao Dejun, Lee Donghyuck, Na Jaemin, Mark Lee, please proceed to the first game. The games are; abyss, daredevil, catch, and hunter. You have 15 minutes to prepare yourselves, good luck."

Jeno sighed in relief, glad that he's not the first one to play the game. Mark nods his head, it's a good start for them. They discussed it for a while before deciding which game each of them will play. Xiaojun ended up playing catch, Donghyuck daredevil, Mark hunter, and Jaemin abyss. 

"Good luck!" Yangyang cheered for them as he fixed his necktie, preparing for his first class.

The four changed into their costume, pretty much just their outfit that they will be using for the game. They have their costume designed for each and every one of them to suit the game and their movements.

They walked towards the exit, ready to go ahead towards the Districts to participate on the game.

"You," Mark pointed at Dasom.

"Jeno take her to the administration, she needs to get her costume designed." He ordered.

He made one last eye contact with her before leaving the lounge. The game is about to start and for him, losing is never an option.

═════ ✥.❖.✥ ═════

Hunter.

The players will enter an arena where they need to find the secret item. But they need to watch out for the fake items as it could explode. 

Mark entered the waiting room, he had his eyes scanned before he entered the room. The rest of the players looked at him, intimidated by his presence as he took a seat on one of the seats.

This game requires combat skills, general knowledge, and overall just great instinct. 

"The game will start in 1 minute."

Mark stood up, walking towards the gate, waiting for it to open. A guy soon walked towards him, standing right beside him. "So you're back now huh, Mark Lee."

Mark turned his head towards him, noticing him as soon as he saw him. He still looked the same, although he had changed his hair color again. 

"Long time no see, Kim Sunwoo." 

Sunwoo, one of the top student in class 2-A. He kind of expected him to be here, his team would definitely send him to play this game.

"Just so you know, I improved a lot while you're not here." 

Mark raised an eyebrow, chuckling to himself. He looked at the timer, 10 more seconds to go. He turned his head towards him, "oh yeah? Let's see then."

"Game starts now."

The gate opened and Mark immediately entered the arena, running as far as he could from the other players. Mark looked at the big screen right in the middle of the field, waiting to see what the secret item is.

They're not going to directly tell them what the item is, but they will give them some clues about it. The rest is up to the players.

"This item is very valuable. It shines, not in the dark, but it does under the violet. It has four sides, but it's not a square. You have 30 minutes to find me."

Mark looked around, trying to find an item that might suit the description. He noticed something that might be a big clue to him. So far, he already found emeralds, rubies, and some other types of gemstone. So the item must be one of that. But which one?

Mark looked around, noticing the other players taking some of the items. He still have plenty of times, but the faster the better. It'll greatly affect the points he's going to get.

It shines under the violet.

Then it all clicks to him. A gemstone that shines under the blue- a diamond. It shines under the UV light, therefore it shines under the violet light.

Now all he needs to do is find the item. He walked towards the left side of the arena, finding something shiny near the bushes. He directly ran towards it, finding a blue gemstone- a diamond.

He puts up, trying to see it under the sunlight above him. It reflects the white light pretty well. Then he blew it lightly, trying to see if it fogs. But right before he could see the results, someone snatched it from his hand.

He shot daggers from his eyes, looking at the culprit who took his precious gem. "Not so fast, Mark Lee. Finders keepers, this is mine now."

Instead of arguing with him, Mark observed the diamond. He could see that it's still foggy, and he saw another sparkly thing right under the tree not far from them.

He turned his head towards Sunwoo who previously had taken his diamond before he proceed to ran away from him as fast as possible, snatching the other gem- the real diamond.

Mark smirked, looking at the gem he's holding inside his palms. "Well then good luck with that fake one."

Sunwoo widened his eyes, throwing the diamond away from him, causing it to explode. Mark immediately ran towards the gate as fast as possible, along with Sunwoo behind him trying to take his diamond again.

But it's too late for him, Mark had already arrived in the finish zone when the took the diamond from his hand.

"Game complete."

Mark smirked, looking at the younger boy with a smug look. He turned his head towards the screen, looking at the leaderboard.

Mark Lee, number one with the total of 5127 points.

"Looks like I'm still better than you." Mark said before leaving the furious boy behind.

First game completed.

hohohohohoho hi