♛ 46

A somber sigh left her dry lips as she approached the seventh district. She glanced at the person beside her, Xiaojun. Mark had told her beforehand about him, right before she left the lounge. 

Her mind was spinning round and round like a carousel, a never-ending ride. All she ever wanted was to keep her sister safe. But now the thread had doubled in size, the desire to keep someone else from dying was present. 

"Dasom, we're here." Xiaojun announced.

The girl immediately snapped out of her thoughts, nodding her head as she entered through the enormous gate. It was up to her now, to make the next and possibly last major move. It was up to her to trigger not only one side, but three sides; the mafia, The Phantom Viper, and Xiaojun.

She needed to make that move right here, right now, in this game. She already bought a ticket to this nightmare and there was no turning back.

She took quick glances at the rooms, examining the possibility of the game types. It wasn't like this when she got here with Jeno. The rooms have been changed in style. The guard pushed her towards one room, locking the door from the outside. When she got here, she could see the other players from the opposite side. But that once clear glass was now replaced with a plain white wall.

Dasom leaned her head back, trying to think of a way out of this hell—the next move.

"Dasom, listen to me," Mark grabbed her shoulder. "You need to make the next move, the vital one. Leave Xiaojun up to me, killing him will provoke the mafia. Heeseung told me that his mother was the reason one of their members died."

Leaving the vital move to her wasn't his best decision, but he didn't know that. He didn't know the reason she got transferred to this school, the reason she became an assassin in the first place. He didn't know any of that. Not to mention, her deal with Taeyong only add the weigh to her shoulder.

She let out a bitter chuckle, recalling the reason she was here in the first place. It was true that she forgot her entire childhood. But she wasn't an idiot, of course she knew she had to find out the reason why. Surprisingly, she did.

"If only you know, Mark," She muttered to herself.

She then stood back up, hearing the announcement of the game.

'The mission today is to collect as much name tag from other players as possible. There is a table in the middle of the room and the number plate will be placed there. You can put that anywhere you want, as long as you always bring it with you. This mission forbids the players to slaughter each other. The team with most number plate collected wins.'

Dasom took her number plate, noticing that she got number 21. She placed it inside her pocket, waiting for the door to get unlocked. Her lips curved into a sly smile, a wicked plan bloomed inside her mind. 

"Alright then Mark, since you leave it all to me," her hand left grabbed her gun from her holster. "I'm gonna do it my way."

She was well aware that this plan might ruin the leaderboard as it was against the rules. But that was the entire point. 

A massacre—that was her plan.

She slammed the door open, walking to the end of the corridor. As soon as she saw another player before her, she pointed her gun at him, shooting him right on head. She wasted no time in grabbing his number plate, rushing to find the other players.

She then came across five players who were in the middle of a fight, tilting her head to the side. Since her number plate was 21 and each team consist of two person, she concluded that there were approximately at least eleven teams.