♛ 36

Mark paced back and forth in front of his hammock, thinking of the night Dasom stayed here. What she said that night was right, this hammock had remained untouched until she sat on it.

But something about that tranquil night just made him did it. Without even knowing, he suddenly found himself lying on it. 

To be honest, he wasn't really fond of that hammock. It belonged to his friend, Yeonjun. He loved to sit there and just swing it back and forth the entire day. His father did work at the Phantom Viper, but he was an odd ball. His father sent him to work at the Neo Mortem Mafia.

That was the start of the civil war between the two organization. That was why Taeyong left him.

Every day, he blamed himself for getting out of the accident alive. It wasn't entirely his fault and he knew that, but he could've died there with him. They could've left this corrupted and vicious world together.

But if he did, then he won't ever get the chance to meet her.

He unknowingly curved a small smile. She wasn't the nicest girl he has ever met because in fact, he did have a few flings in the past. But they all remained as they are- flings.

Even so, Mark knew that the life he's living was too hectic and frenetic to involve such thing. He had set his own goal, and he swore with entire life that he will reach it.

But he couldn't help to wonder, if only, just if only, they were given another chance- they met in another circumstances, not as an assassin in training. Would things be any different?

✧⋆—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

"This is going to be the death of me."

Dasom rolled her eyes, "shut the fuck up Donghyuck."

"You shut the fuck up!"

Jaemin groaned, looking at the two with an annoyed expression. They were in the middle of chemistry class and the teacher divided them into different teams. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck with the two people who always argue with each other.

"Stop bickering or I'll stitch your lips, not joking." Jaemin grumbled.

"Sheesh, chill man."

"Look, why don't we just focus on this, okay?" 

They then began to work on their group project. It was going well at first, until they got a surprise visit from none other than Chevalier himself.

Who is he again you may ask? To shorten things up, he was the one and only person that could control the entire school, city even. A well known assassin, probably the best one out there. He was like galactic centre, the core of the milky way; the leader of Phantom Viper.

Mr. Wong, the chemistry teacher immediately bowed at him. "Sir, what brought you here?"

"Good morning. I presume my visit here might be a little bit surprising."

"Well yes indeed, sir. Is there anything you need?"

Chevalier glanced towards a certain individual from afar who was poking his inner part of his mouth with his tongue, displaying clear annoyance. He grinned to himself, "actually yes. I'm here to take someone from your class. For personal reasons."

"And who exactly is that, sir?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds, knowing that he will hate him after this. But it didn't matter anymore to him. Nothing mattered anymore.

"My son. Lee Donghyuck."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚

"Hyung, what happened? Why are you here?" Mark frantically asked.

Taeyong looked at him with red, wide eyes. This was never a part of the plan. He was given orders by none other than Chevalier himself to kill a mafia member. He was told that he was a traitor.

But what he didn't know was that it was all a misunderstanding.

"Hyung wha- wait Is that blood?"

It was pouring rain in the middle of the night, standing in front of an empty restaurant. Taking someone else's life has never been a hard thing for him. It was his job as an assassin, his duty.

"Mark," he called almost inaudibly. "Y-Yeonjun..."

Mark was intelligent, he knew what was going on. He immediately rushed into the building. Mark immediately widened his eyes upon seeing the sight in front of him. There he was, the person he was looking for- Choi Yeonjun.

But he wasn't dead, no. He was alive. 

He was limping. Taeyong had stabbed him in his stomach, but it wasn't enough to kill him.

He looked flustered the moment he saw Mark walked into the building. "Mark? The fuck are you doing here?"

"You're okay? Yeonjun the hell is going on?"

Yeonjun pushed Mark away, and the next thing he knew was the entire building exploded. It was catastrophic. It wasn't a massacre, but to Mark it felt like he was having a battle with his own self.

He opened his eyes, vaguely seeing a figure not too far from him. "Y-Yeonjun?"

He calmed himself down, gathering as much energy as he could, pushing himself to stand up and go to him. 

"Mark?"

"Yeonjun, holy- you dipshit. Why did you do that? Why, why did you push me?" 

Yeonjun chuckled, "you can't die, and you know that. New school regulations, you're player 1 now."

"Don't you dare talk about that now, we gotta get you out of here."

"There's no use," he coughed. "Look Mark, promise me one thing yeah?"

Mark couldn't help but to let the tears stream down his face like a waterfall. "Shut the fuck up, you're not gonna die."

"Promise me you'll win?"

Mark pursed his lips tightly, nodding his head. Then all that's left was a smile from his lips and his soul was taken away from his body. 

It was a night he wished he could erase from his memory. A sight too painful to see, yet too indelible to be forgotten. It was indeed an eventful night.

His best friend died in his own arms that night.

wowowoowo so many things happening here all at once