♛ 16

The moonlight was oddly bright tonight. The midnight breeze however, was cold. The endless night seemed to be the only time where her mind was completely open, her thoughts running wild inside of her mind. 

"Are you okay?" They asked.

She was never okay. There will never be anything that can surpass her mind. No place in this world that can fill her loneliness. She felt like she's going to linger in the darkness forever.

"I'm always here."

Lies.

She never wanted to be here anyways. To her, death is a better a way to free herself from the oxidizing world but strangely enough, she could not die no matter how hard she tried.

She stepped away from the railing, looking back at the house behind her. She took a deep breath, a small smile slowly crept on her face as she remembered what a certain boy said to her earlier.

His ruthless and blunt nature is what makes him the most dangerous member of her team and she's aware of that. But she didn't expect him to relate to her this way.

She's glad that somehow she finally found someone who could relate to her. Even though she's aware it's not a good thing, at least she's not alone anymore.

She walked back inside the house, she had snuck out of her house when the butler went to the bathroom. Her house is located in the higher grounds and right beneath it is a coast. The view is truly dazzling, but the hardest part is to just hold herself from jumping off the railing.

She had tried it before, but her butlers found her before she could even jump. 

She opened the door to her bedroom, throwing herself on her bed, turning her body towards her ceiling- her one and only best friend.

"You're interesting, Mark Lee."

°.✩┈┈∘*┈˃̶୨୧˂̶┈*∘┈┈✩.°

"Eun Dasom, Lee Donghyuck, Osaki Shotaro, please proceed to the game area. The games are; joker, catch, and escape room."

Dasom stood up, grabbing her gun from the table. 

"I'm taking joker." Donghyuck said. He's known as the expert in that game, there's nothing he can't manipulate, so that's how he managed to thrive in that game.

"Which one do you want, Dasom?" Shotaro asked. "I'm fine with anything, so you can choose."

"I'll take catch."

Shotaro nods, walking over to prepare his weapons. She somehow felt quite nervous today, probably because her mind has not been in a good state lately.

Mark turned to look at her, standing from his seat. "Make sure you win, I don't take losers here."

Dasom nods, taking a mental note.

The next thing she knew was that she's now standing in front of the gate, waiting for the door to open. She got the role as the seekers, and she's glad that she did. Being the hider requires much more skill and it's not that she's not skilled enough, she just wanted to hunt people down, not just hiding while finishing tasks.

"Game will start in 3, 2, 1."

As soon as the gate opened, she immediately ran into the arena, looking around to see if she could find anything suspicious. She knew for a fact that there are in total of 5 hiders, so if she could find at least 3 of them she'll be guaranteed to get the first place.

She stayed still, looking at the three paths right in front of her. Right now, she's trusting her sharp senses. She stood still, only her eyes were wandering around.

She took out the knife from her pocket before walking steadily towards the third path. Her footstep echoed in the empty tunnel along with a screeching sound from the knife that she brushed against the wall next to her.

She then stopped, smirking to herself, turning around hastily, throwing her knife. Her knife managed to hit right next to the girl's head and she widened her eyes in pure shock. The poor girl was paralzyed in place, not having the guts to move away from her current position.

Dasom looked at her with a sinister look on her face, walking towards her. She then pressed the button on her arm, the button that was green before turned into a red color.

"Got you."

She then turned her body around again, walking towards the other way. She then stoped again, throwing her knife as fast as she could, turning exactly in a 180 degree angle.

The boy stopped running, hearing the sound of the heavy metal fell to the ground. He looked at her with a cheeky look. "You missed."

Dasom raised an eyebrow, turning her body around. "Says who?"

The boy frowned, he was sure he didn't feel any sorts of pain or anything. But then he realized, she wasn't aiming to harm him, she was aiming towards the button on his arm that's now red. She hit him.

One more to go.

She's been walking around in this area for 10 minutes now but she couldn't find anyone. Until she felt a presence near her. Suddenly, she felt someone grabbing her by the next, putting her in a head lock position. 

"Good to see you again, Eun Dasom."

Dasom scoffed, glancing at the taller boy. He had his knife around her next before he held her hand in place, there's no way she could escape now. "Shut up, Hwang Hyunjin."

"Oh come on, don't be so mean. Mark wouldn't be too happy to find you hurt, will he?" He pressed the knife deeper onto her skin, causing the soft skin to break open.

She hissed at the slight pain, throwing daggers through her eyes. 

"Just kill me then."

He was taken aback by her sudden words. "What?"

"I said just kill me then. What's taking you so long?"

Hyunjin snickered, loosening the tight. "Oh please. Instead of killing you, I think you should be more aware of you surroundings."

Dasom let out a chuckle, pocking her inner part of her cheeks with her tongue. "No, you should."

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

Dasom glanced at his right arm, looking at the button that was planted there- it was no longer green. She had pressed it when he was distracted. Hyunjin sighed, cursing under his breath before letting her go. She got him.

She could already tell he was following her from the moment she managed to hit the other boy's button, but she pretended to not know anything.

"Game end."

Dasom looked at the big screen, looking at the leaderboard. She came in first place and Hyunjin came in second, not too bad.

Which means, she won again.

"Better luck next time, Hwang."

hello

hello