♛ 11

Abyss.

The game where the players will enter an arena and they have to fight each other in order to escape. It's quite similar to escape room, but this game counts on the physical strength meanwhile wittiness is the main point of escape room.

Mark ran towards the side of the arena, he had already ran towards the border when a player tried to shoot him with their gun. 

Of course, he's already prepared with three plans. Even though this game relies on physical strength, to him it's better to avoid fighting all of them. He'd rather escape in silence rather than risking his life fighting all of the other players.

It's not that he's scared. To him, it's not worth it- fighting other people that aren't even half of his strength. 

He felt someone's presence behind him as he was hiding behind the bushes, so he stayed still. A smirk grew on his face as he stood up, and in no time the guy was already thrown to the ground.

The groaned, looking up only to see Mark's gruesome look on his face. 

Mark left him there, running towards the exit. Just when he was about to walk there, someone pulled his body forcefully, throwing their fist against his face.

Mark looked at him in a calm, yet deadly stare.

"We meet again, Mark Lee." Hyunjin said, smirking at him.

Mark raised an eyebrow, looking at him with a cocky look. "Your punch is weak, try harder next time,"

Hyunjin felt irritated as soon as those words came out of Mark's mouth. He threw his punch towards him again, but Mark was able to avoid it. He did it again for a few times, and he missed every single time.

Mark wanted to mess with him so he decided to let him have his fun, but it's starting to get boring so he stood still, and without even Hyunjin noticing, he was already behind him. Mark grabbed him by his shoulder, throwing his body to the ground with him strangling his body with is hands around his neck to keep him in place.

Hyunjin groaned, looking at him in annoyance. 

"You're still the same huh, Hwang Hyunjin?" 

Hyunjin chuckled, pulling a syringe from his pocket before injecting it to Mark's right arm. Mark's eye immediately widened as he felt the liquid running through his blood stream, invading his body. 

His body immediately became weak, his fingers that were wrapped around Hyunjin's neck began to loosen. Hyunjin took this as an advantage to turn the tables around, now he's the one holding Mark by his neck.

"Good luck staying alive now."

Mark's eye changed right after he said that. It turned into a darker color as he glared at him, a cold chuckle left his mouth. Mark brought his hand to rip apart Hyunjin's hand that held him on his neck, standing back up.

Hyunjin looked at him with his eyes widened, not believing what he just saw. He was sure he injected a good amount of poison to his body. How is he still alive?

Mark stood up, rubbing his neck in irritation. "Haven't I told you before?"

Hyunjin moved back, not wanting to stand too close to the person in front of him. He's a completely different person now. He turned his switch on. His eyes no longer flashed that cheeky look, his eyes turned black, as if there's no more emotion left in it.

"My body is immune to poison,"

Mark sprinted towards him and to Hyunjin it felt like he was moving in the speed of a lightning as he was suddenly right behind him with a knife around his neck. His life is on the line right now.

Mark chuckled, pressing the knife against his neck. His blood began to ooze out and he held on to Mark's hand tightly, desperate to stay alive.

"You're lucky I'm not in the mood to kill anyone today."

Mark pushed his body away from him, looking at him with his usual cold look. Hyunjin ran out of words, he was terrified. He wasn't expecting Mark to be stronger. He has always been strong, but this time it's like he's a completely different person. It's like a demon possessed him.

"Game finished."

With that, Mark easily won the game again.

═════ ✥.❖.✥ ═════

The whole room is quiet, only the sound of the dart being thrown to the dartboard can be heard. Mark took a sip of his cold cola, taking another dart from the table. He closed one of his eyes, aiming towards the inner bullseye.

He counted to three before throwing it, and of course, it hits the inner bullseye.

He straightened his posture, finishing the rest of his cola. "Are you just gonna stand there?"

The figure behind him seemed taken aback by his sudden remark. How could he even noticed her enter?

Dasom walked towards him. "How'd you know I'm here?"

"Your footsteps. It's different from the rest."

"You memorize the sound of other people's footsteps?"

Mark shrugged, throwing another dart. "Not all, but I can easily recognize some,"

Dasom had nothing else to say, especially because he managed to shoot the darts in all the bullseye while talking casually with her. He's simply remarkable.

"What?" He asked, finally turning to face her. "If you want to say something, say it."

"How long have you been training? You look like you're very skilled, even if it's natural talent you wouldn't be like this. Your body is even immune to poison."

Mark chuckled, throwing his last dart. "Since I was 6. At first it hurts, but soon enough my body's antibody became strong enough to be immune to various types of poison. Electricity also doesn't hurt me."

"Your body is also immune to electricity? What are you? Electric eel?"

Mark laughed at her words, shaking his head.

"I can still feel the pain, but I can bare it,"

Dasom once again stood there in silence. The one thing that's on her mind right now is how insane his family is. His parents must be an assassin too, at least that's what she thought. He's basically born to be an assassin.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I don't know." She answered. "I don't remember most of my childhood."

She answered truthfully because she felt like there's no need to hide this from him. It doesn't even matter too much to her, all she ever wanted was for her sister to be safe.

"Pretty tragic."

"Says the one that started training to be an assassin in the age of 8."

They both may not see it, but they have quite a lot of similarities. Soon enough, when they both finally realize it, thing may not be the same anymore. Especially when they finally find out about the truth.

But that day has yet to come. All they can do right now is live their life just as it is.

 All they can do right now is live their life just as it is

i miss hyunjin;(