♛ 47

The news spread faster than wind. In fact, just under thirty minutes the entire school have now acknowledge the chaos that just happened in the midst of the game.

Dasom hurried to the lounge, ignoring the sharp stare from the others. She wasn't in her best condition, she had cuts everywhere. But she had her priorities straight, so she immediately went to pack her bag.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Donghyuck asked roughly. "You do know you just made a bloody mess, right?"

The others followed Donghyuck, walking up to her. They just stood there, watching her shove all sorts of weapons in her bag. "23rd ward."

Jeno's eyes widened in utter shock. "Have you lost your mind?"

"Slow down Dasom, Mark just left a few moments ago and now you're leaving too?" Jaemin questioned.

Dasom froze as soon as she heard his words, eyes shutting tightly. She knew exactly why and where he was heading. There was a reason she didn't see Xiaojun in the game. He must've somehow slipped out of the game.

"Fuck," she cursed under her breath. "How long ago?"

"Around fifteen minutes." Shotaro answered.

"Listen here, I'm not doing this for fun I'm not a dick. You better listen to me if you want him to come back in piece," she spat, her voice laced with poison. "The war will start soon in the 23rd ward. If you want him to stay alive, we better find Xiaojun."

"Xiaojun?" Yangyang frowned.

"He's the descendant of Phantom Viper, I'm sure some of you have acknowledged that." She glanced at Donghyuck as she said so.

"Does that mean, Mark's mission is to kill Xiaojun?" Hendery's mouth fell open.

Donghyuck cleared his throat, finally realizing that this was the final move. They were the ones holding the trump card. "You're right. Now, we better move fast."

The second Great Fiasco was about to start. But this time, Dasom made a not to herself that her goal this time was not to stay alive—to protect her loved ones.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Dull and foggy street along with the sound of water leaking from the pipes. It wasn't a new sight, yet it was still very much uncomfortable to walk through that area.

The 23rd ward has always been a filthy area. It was lethargic and gruesome in a way that would keep people away from it.

The young man brought his hand towards his cape, pulling it lower so that his face was covered completely. He tried to keep his demeanor as muted as possible, footsteps blending in with the sound of water.

He was doing quite well for the first few minutes, his presence was completely hidden underneath the fog. But something had appeared, something he could never thought of.

A presence of another, right in front of him.

He stopped in his tracks, he didn't need to look up to know who that was. The only sound he could hear was the sound of a gun being loaded, his vision covered by the black fabric.

Slowly, he looked up. Eyes meeting a pair of eyes he was way too familiar with.

His mouth opened agape, but no words could came out. He was speechless, not knowing what to do the moment he faced his destiny.

"Mark," he breathed out. "You're here..."

Mark still had his gun pointed at him, eyes as sharp as an eagle. He couldn't find any words to say. How could he possibly face himself after this—after assassinating his own team member, the player 2.

"You have to know that I don't have any other choice." He let out, voice stern though his shaky hands said the opposite.

He shook his head, a huff escaping his lips as he quirked his mouth upwards. "It's fine—"

"No it's not," he harshly cut him off. "Since when do you know about this, Xiaojun?"

"Quite some time ago. But that's not gonna change anything, in the end you were supposed to be one to kill me."

Mark pursed his lips, his hand still gripping on the gun as tight as ever. "But you're not going to give up that easily, are you?"

Xiaojun chuckled, a wicked smile now displayed on his face. "Of course not."

With that, loud gunshots could be heard deeper in the ward. This finally hit the both of them, the situation they were in now.

The second Great Fiasco was starting.

uh oh