♛ 42

"Donghyuck, have you opened your eyes to the truth son? Or are you just here to protest about something?" 

Donghyuck let out a bitter chuckle, balling his hands into a fist. "Until when are you gonna continue this insanity? You put us all into this game to create yet another perfect weapon, don't tell me I'm wrong because I know for a fact I'm not."

Chevalier laughed at his words, shaking his head. The incident from eleven years ago lost him hundreds of his men, but on the bright side they managed to acquire half of the wards. The war ended with a huge massacre, the two sides were fairly vulnerable. So, they ended the war with an agreement.

Ward 1 until 11 will be taken by the Phantom Viper, and Neo Mortem Mafia will take ward 12 until 22. The 23rd ward will remain as it was before, a war zone between the two—leaving it unsettled just like that.

"Your team is winning, son. What's your point here?" 

"We're winning but you gave Mark-hyung a mission to kill the descendant of Phantom Viper. That's nuts!" He stated.

Chevalier couldn't care less about that. He wanted the descendant to die, but he couldn't get his hands dirty for this one. "He'll do it this time. Taeyong's out of the picture, I'm sure he'll be able to finish his mission."

Donghyuck stared at him in disbelief. He knew the consequence of this mission and he was sure his father was aware of it too. Just like eleven years ago.

"It will end the same way, do you really want that?" He asserted.

And just as eleven years ago, his answer remained the same. After all, Phantom Viper and Neo Mortem Mafia were still at war. A cold war.

"It's our only option."

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

It was Heeseung and Jaemin's turn to play that day and to no surprise, they managed to bring home another victory for their team. As expected from the team with all A class students.

The number of students began to decrease rapidly as they didn't replace the players anymore. The game was ending soon and they could feel it coming. It's just a matter of time. 

That same day, Mark came home with a heavy weight on his shoulder. Heeseung noticed his unusual demeanor, but he decided to let his brother be for now.

As soon as he entered his room, he directly threw himself on his couch. His mind was filled with millions of thoughts. He wasn't stupid—in fact he was the opposite. He knew Chevalier wouldn't tell him who the descendant was, but he had his own presumption.

It frustrates him if he had to turn just like his brother did.

He stared at the hammock, reminiscing the time Dasom came here. She was lingering inside his mind longer than he liked.

A knock on the door made him divert his attention towards it, telling the person to come in. His brother walked in, his usual cheeky expression plastered on his face.

"So, what is it this time?" Heeseung urged.

Mark sighed, shaking his head. Heeseung saw the look on his eye, he was nervous. No, not just nervous. Mark Lee was terrified. 

Perplexed by his expression, the younger boy widened his eyes. He only had one thing in mind, at it wasn't pleasant at all. "You found out, did you?"

Mark sighed in defeat, not wanting to lie about this. "Yes." 

Heeseung gulped, feeling the blood pumping inside his veins. It couldn't be worse, right?

"Is it," he spoke. "Someone I know?"

Mark felt his breath got stuck inside his trachea. He couldn't get the words out and he both of them were petrified. 

"Yes." he breathed out.

Just with one single word, Heeseung knew that it was worse than he could ever imagine. Way worse. A whole catastrophe was about to happen and there was no way to stop it.

 ⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Hymn of the dead. A melody that sounded near, yet distant. It was soothing in a way that would be enough to calm a soul in the midst of dying.

The little girl was in her room as usual. It was just another normal grim rainy day which lead her to stay inside for the rest of the day. Her family members were not home that day, only her butlers and her assistant, Hyo.

Heejin has always been a lonely girl. Her parents would never allow her to go outside the house besides their own garden. But it didn't bother her too much, after all she was just a kid. She was just upset because she had no one to play with.

"Wait here, okay. I need to go to the toilet." Hyo patted her head, leaving the little girl alone in her room to play with her dollhouse. 

She continued to play alone, as usual. But she soon realized that Hyo had been gone for too long, and when she heard a loud scream from downstairs she knew something was wrong. She was indeed a kid, but she wasn't stupid. 

 Taking her doll with her, she slowly sneaked out of her room. She peeked through the door, not seeing anyone. 

"Hyo?" She called, almost inaudible.

She was in utter confusion, so she decided to walk towards the stairs. However, she was only left in a turbulence as she couldn't find a single butler. They should've been coming at her for disobeying the rules.

As she made her way towards the stairs, she finally a figure standing there; a man. It looked like he was heading towards the second floor, stopping in the middle of his way. 

She tilted her head to the side, not recognizing the man. He was dressed in a formal attire, just like the rest of their butlers. But she had never seen him before, not even once.

"Who are you?" She asked innocently.

The man gave her a smile, raising an eyebrow at her. "You're Eun Heejin, am I right?"

She just nodded, moving backwards as the man began to approach her. He began to scare her as he looked down at her, hands reaching towards his holsters. 

"Your sister loves you, do you know that?" he spoke. "But I have to do this."

No other words were spoken after that. What remained was her doll that she had initially brought with her, she ended up dropping it. 

wait wha— 😧😧😧

wait wha— 😧😧😧