♛ 21

The furious man barged into the room, roughly pushing the door open. Inside the room, a man in his 50s sat on his desk, looking unbothered even when a man just stormed inside his work room.

"What do you want?" The older man asked, putting his book down.

The younger man looked at him in disbelief, but nevertheless he still kept a straight and stoic face. "No, what do you want?"

The older man smirked, standing up from his seat. "Diablo, you never change do you, son?"

Diablo hissed at the name he called him, looking at him in none other than pure hatred. 

"I said, what do you want? You were the one who told Chevalier about the Neo Mortem Mafia, am I right?"

"Chevalier is a great friend of mine."

"I know that, Eric. Now what do you want?"

Eric chuckled, looking at his soon who's now standing before him. "You know, you've already been replaced."

The underboss' stoic expression turned into a look of disbelief, now starting to know where this conversation was heading. 

It's a trap- a bait.

"By who?"

 "Someone better than you. Way more capable and talented than you are."

It was his thin patience and quick to lash out nature that made him act recklessly like this, which caused him to fell into none other than his own father's trap.

He planned this all out. He knew his son would come out from his sanctuary this way, by luring him out as the man hated traitors to his core. It wasn't like the Phantom Viper was after the underboss, no. 

It was simply a bait to get the underboss of the mafia out to the outside world, revealing his true form.

"Your action was completely unnecessary. You almost caused a feud between the Neo Mortem Mafia and the Phantom Viper," 

Diablo took a few steps away from him, fixing his coat. "I'm sure you know what happens next, as former executive of Neo Mortem Mafia."

Eric chuckled. "The rivalry has never been a secret after all."

"Oh really?" Diablo asked, cocking an eyebrow. "We'll see each other again, Eric Lee. Or should I say, father."

────────

Dasom took a deep breath, jumping from the 2th floor right to the first floor. She landed perfectly on her knees, before getting back up to run away from the person who chased after her.

Killing is not always necessary, but it does guarantee you something. 

Dasom took out her other gun, looking back as she used the both of her hands to shoot the player behind her, sending them straight to the post-mortem or you can say, afterlife- death.

She straightened her posture, noticing someone staring at her. She looked to her right, seeing a tall figure wearing an all black costume that looks similar with Shotaro's outfit. She squinted her eyes, loading her gun as she did so.

She examined his movements, her body slowly began to relax. She put her gun down, looking at the man with a boring look. 

"What? You're not gonna kill me?"

"What for?"

"I don't know, you just killed three of them," he said, taking one of the player's gun before playing with it, throwing it to the air, catching it again. "So I just assumed you're going to kill me too."

"Killing you won't give me any benefit."

"How do you know that?" He smirked, loading the gun on his hand.

Dasom kept her boring look on her face, hearing the sound of her watch ticking. In the matter of seconds, she quickly turned around, pointing her gun at the figure behind her. She ducked down, pulling the trigger. 

She stood back up, watching the girl's body fall from the second floor. "Because you're not the one I'm supposed to eliminate."

She turned around to look at him again, making the guy look at her with an amused look.

"Game end, Jokers won."

Dasom looked at the leaderboard, glad to see that her name is in the first rank. They were the only two survivors, the rest died.

"You killed the other joker?"

The guy simply shrugged. "I didn't know he was the joker,"

Dasom snickered at his remark.

"How'd you know I'm the joker?"

"Your gun," she pointed towards his gun. "Both of them have been used. Why else would you use both of you gun if it wasn't for killing anyone? Specifically, your target."

"It could be for self-defense."

"No," she quickly said. "If it was for self defense, you wouldn't need both of them. You clearly used the both of your gun for an offensive purpose."

The man laughed, looking at her with the same look on his face. "I expect nothing less from the girl in the same team as Mark's team and from a class A student."

Dasom glanced at him before walking away, taking a glimpse of his nametag.

Kim Sunwoo.

oh whats this👀👀

oh whats this👀👀