♛ 37

The moon dazzled in soft lights, sending some sort of comfort. Everything had fallen completely out of hand, and she never was ready. So, she watched everything slip away from the tips of her finger tips. 

Tomorrow will be another day where they'll have to be sent to the 7th district. She remembered what Mark said to her that night. His presence was somehow like the moon, soothing. 

But she had something else on her mind. Her past.

"Mother." she called, walking into her mother's office. 

Her mother turned to look at her, putting aside her book that she was reading. She was sitting near the fireplace, spending her evening in a serene way by reading a book.

"Oh Dasom, what brings you here?"

"Answer this truthfully," she spoke, feeling her words got caught up all of the sudden. "Did you erase my memories about my childhood?"

Her mother pursed her lips, not knowing how to answer that question. But knowing Dasom, she couldn't lie to her. She'll immediately notice, so she had no other option but to tell her the truth.

She stood up, taking a key from a small chest, hidden beneath her books on the upper shelf. "Sit,"

Dasom sat on the couch across her mother, waiting patiently for her explanation.

"Do you know why I originally didn't want you to become an assassin?"

Dasom simply shook her head.

"Because you were one before. The reason why you were brilliant in your profession right now is because, well you've been trained before. Your body is used to the movements, and I'm sure it's all still there, inside your mind," she said, handing her the key she just took.

She sighed, crossing her arms on her chest. "Your father and I have always worked for the Phantom Viper, and we thought you'd follow our path too, just like Daehyun. But you were too astounding to the Phantom Viper's liking, which lead to a massacre."

"A massacre?"

Her mother nodded. "So we brought Heejin in the midst of the darkness and wiped out your memories. But then, your father enrolled you to Neo High by the orders from Chevalier himself. Take the key to the locked room in the second floor, you know which one, right? You'll find your answers there."

Her parents has always been aloof towards her. But she accepted everything, they were assassins after all. 

Sprinting towards the locked room, she remember wondering about what was inside that room. But whenever she got the chance to go near it, her butlers will always stop her. It was their parents' order, but this time her mother seemed to gave her permission.

She hesitantly inserted the key, turning it to unlock the door. Her cold hand reached towards the door knob, twisting it open.

Everything seemed unfamiliar, yet there was a bizarre feeling that was formed inside her. The room was decorated in white and a single queen size bed was located right in the middle.

It was her old room.

Her hands wandered around the shelf, noticing a lot of educational books. She then came across a picture she had never seen before, a picture of her when she was a kid.

Her memories were completely wiped out, and she was unsure if she's ever going to get them back again. But one thing's fore sure, she's going to embrace her past and accept is as it is.

After all, she was never given the chance to choose a life for her own.

────────────♡⋆.ೃ࿔*────

"Dasom," Mark called, handing her his other gun. "Try this one,"

They have been training for two hours and she'd be lying if she said she's not tired. But regardless of that, she needed to focus on training. 

"You're getting better, that's enough for today." Mark complimented, satisfied by her progress. 

"I have a question." She asked, taking her water bottle.

"What is it?"

"Chevalier is Donghyuck's father, right?"

Mark simply nodded. Chevalier, the leader and the head of Phantom Viper is indeed and has always been Donghyuck's father. "Why?"

"Nothing, just making sure," she said, not wanting to bring up what her mother had told her last night. "Can you please tell me why you chose me to be your partner for the mission your father gave you?"

"Because you're good." He said as a matter of factly.

She rolled her eyes. "You didn't even tell me what's the mission."

"Oh, I haven't told you? Pardon, we're supposed to assassinate someone, direct orders from Chevalier himself."

"And who is this someone?"

Mark placed his rifle gun back to its place, getting ready to go back to class. "The descendant of Phantom Viper."

"Why would he kill the descendant? Wouldn't that be his son, Donghyuck?"

"No," Mark shook his head. "They appointed someone else, someone who could possibly rule the organization one day."

"And we're supposed to kill someone that skilled?"

Mark smirked, "what's the matter? You got me, I'm the prodigy."

Dasom snickered, playfully rolling her eyes at his words. He was right though, he was indeed the prodigy. 

"Whatever you say, Mark Lee."

But little did she know, he was actually quite worried. He was just good at faking his demeanor. Even when Taeyong was his partner, they never managed to locate their target. However, things will be different now.

His father had told him before he enrolled back in Neo High that their target will eventually be closer to them. All he had to do was look closer.

 All he had to do was look closer