♛ 40

Life is a game.

It's a game where every decision made has an impact on the rest of your game. One bad move and your entire game is ruined or in the least, it makes it hard to recover from that bad choice.

Regret and resentment. Dasom was very much familiar with those two, having to live her entire life regretting her life and resenting her parents. Well at least as far as she could remember.

Now she finally understand why Mark's presence never bothered her. All this time, they were always on the same side of the coin. Raised by assassins, forced to follow their path from such a young age. They both made it, but the difference was she made a bad move, a terrible one. 

When her mother told her they brought Heejin to life in the midst of the darkness, or as the would like to call it as the 'dark era', she felt a weigh down her shoulder. Her sister was the result of the mess she made.

"Somsom?" A sleepy voice called.

Dasom snapped out of her thoughts, looking down at the angelic girl. She pushed those thoughts away, covering it with a smile. "Little missy, why are you still awake huh? Did you run away from Hyo again?"

She leaned down to pick her sister up, making the girl smile back at her. She pouted, leaning her head on her sister's shoulder. "Somsom, why won't mommy or daddy let me out of this house?"

Dasom felt guilt blooming inside her. Because of her disgraceful deeds in the past, their parents had to ruin a pure soul like her.

"They just want you to be safe." 

"But it's lonely here," she whined. "Will you play with me?"

"I will tomorrow, it's already late. So you should sleep now, will you?"

Heejin noded and Dasom put her back down, "okay!"

They both walked back to her room, meeting a frantic Hyo who has been searching for Heejin. 

"There you are! I've been looking for you." Hyo said worriedly, putting her to bed.

Dasom smiled at the view, glad that at least her sister had someone to be with. She walked out of Heejin's room, ready to go to bed as it was already 11pm. 

She was walking back to her room when suddenly, her butler called her.

"Ms, someone is waiting for you downstairs. He says it's an important matter, he wants you to come with him."

Dasom raised an eyebrow, no one has ever dared to go to her house. Especially at night. 

"Who?"

"He didn't tell me his name, ms. But perhaps he has visited before, he seems to know the house quite well." 

Dasom's eye directly lit up, knowing exactly who it is. "Is mother and father home?"

Her butler shook his head. "No ms."

"Great, don't tell them I'm going out, please?"

He sighed, closing his eyes. "I can't promise you that, ms. They strictly forbid you to go out except for school."

Dasom groaned, having no other choice but to pull out her secret weapon. "If you don't tell them, I'll help you fix things with your wife."

"You can't bribe me, ms. You also can't help me with my personal problems."

"Alright fine, I don't care if they find out, I'm still going."

She stormed downstairs, going straight to the front door. Turned out, her assumptions was right. It was indeed him.