♛ 33

They were all waiting for the announcement that has yet to come out. It was quite peculiar as it was already the time for the players to be called. But there was nothing, the screen was still blank.

The situation was absurd but one thing's for sure was that they were never late, not even once. So, something must've happened.

Then suddenly, something appeared on the screen; an announcement.

But it wasn't the normal player announcement, it was a change with the game.

"Welcome to Neo High. We have made an adjustment with the game. Starting from today, we will not replace the players who have been eliminated and we will introduce a new game. It is located in the 7th district."

Their eyes all widened in utter shock. The 7th district has been closed for years and they finally opened it. Which means, they're finally going to reveal the monster hidden beneath those bars.

Mark remember his encounter with Taeyong the other day, the time he said the 7th district belongs to none other than Neo Mortem Mafia. It wasn't a coincidence he was there that night. They were preparing the game.

The screen then displayed instructions of the new game, it was a team game.

'Cypher, a game of two. This game works in partners from the same team. Each players will have missions to solve such as riddles, puzzles, etc. They need to collect as much clues as possible in order to solve them. There is a time limit and if they can not finish the game on time, they will be removed from the game.'

Xiaojun raised an eyebrow. "It doesn't sound so bad, I thought they were gonna make some sort lunatic game."

"It is. We don't know what the mission exactly is yet, it could be anything. Plus, you do know 'removed from the game' means they're going to kill us, right?" Renjun asked, feeling quite anxious about this new game.

He was true, the mission could be anything. It wasn't specified in the game guideline.

"It seems like they won't be calling our names, will they?" Yangyang asked.

Jaemin nodded. "Yeah, we have to choose which players will go."  

"So, what now?" Shotaro asked.

"I'll go. I'll find out how this game works and inform you about it." Mark said, preparing his gears. He was the leader after all, so he took it as his responsibility to try out this game first.

"Alright then, I'll go with you." Donghyuck said, grabbing his weapons.

Jeno raised an eyebrow, looking at the two. "You sure? I can go if you don't want to."

"Oh please, I'm not that much of a pussy Lee Jeno." Donghyuck snickered at him, earning a chuckle from the others.

Just when Mark was about to exit the lounge, he immediately turned around as he sense something being thrown towards him. He was right, someone had thrown an apple towards him and he was able to catch it just before it hit his head.

He turned around, eyes meeting a pair of eyes like ice, glaring red. "Make sure to come back alive, Mark Lee."

Mark smirked, looking at the girl with a relaxed face. "I will."

────────

"Welcome to Cypher, please be on stand by in front of the gate."

Haechan and Mark looked around, waiting for the gate to be opened. The other players were also waiting next to them. The once upon a time restricted area will soon be revealed. They all couldn't help but to feel thrilled.

"Please enter according to your team rank."

As it is based on team rank, Mark and Haechan were the ones who enter first. It was nothing like they had expected at all. The 7th district was just filled with doors and corridors in a shape of a maze. Little did they know, millions of secrets were waiting to be unveiled behind those doors.

A guard dressed in all white guided them to a room not far from the entrance. Mark and Haechan looked at each other before walking in, but the guard stopped him.

"Only one can enter."

Haechan gulped, he has never felt this nervous before. Mark nodded, following the guard to the other room. He already made a few guesses about how this game works. They will probably divide them into different rooms and they have to finish their mission there.

Mark entered another room which was quite far away from Haechan. There was no number or difference in the door, so it was hard to differentiate the rooms.

Once he entered, the door automatically locked itself, leaving him in the room alone.

Mark frowned, looking at the glass barrier in front of him. He then widened his eyes, realizing what was about to happen, and it's far from good.

He backed away from the glass, his back crashing the wall behind him.

The glass barrier separated him from another room where a player from a different team was in. They were provided with a gun, only a single gun. 

There can only be one possibility to this; one of them has to die in order for the mission to be completed. 

But since they're separated by a glass barrier, they couldn't attack each other. Which leads to a single option only. 

One of them has to kill themself.

oh...

btw js so u wont get confused no its not haechan in the opposite of mark's room its a player from another team.