♛ 10

"You're insane,"

Dasom rolled her eyes as she followed them, entering the hotel Mark's father owns. After getting back from he medical room, they immediately took her to the secret base- the Empire. 

Donghyuck sighed. "It's only the second game and you already killed someone, great."

"You're welcome." She sarcastically said.

The rest could only roll their eyes at them, they're clearly not compatible. Probably because of the similarity in their attitude and personality.

"Quit bickering you two." said Xiaojun.

Mark took out a card from inside his pocket which she assumed to be the key, and she's right. As soon as she entered the base, it looked nothing like what she had pictured before. It looks like a comfortable living room with a kitchen, tv, and a balcony. There's also a stairs which leads downstairs. 

"The training room's downstairs, this is basically where we hang out all the time." Jeno explained to her.

"Dasom have you got your assassin license?" Hendery asked.

Dasom nods, sitting down on the sofa behind her. As soon as she entered class 2-A, the administration gave her a simple card that looks exactly like a simple id card and that's her assassin license.

"Great then, which means you are allowed to participate in the mission."

"What mission?" Dasom frowned.

"The school is working together with one some the most famous assassin groups. Usually, they will hire some of us from the class A to participate in the mission." Yangyang said, stuffing the chips he just took from the kitchen.

Jaemin nods, sneakily taking some of the chips. "Yeah, and usually when they do hire us, they give us a lot of money."

Dasom raised an eyebrow, leaning her back on the sofa. She's never really interested in being an assassin, but this sound pretty interesting to her.

"But our priority is still the game, we can never lose." Mark said with a stern voice.

"What's the price anyways?" Dasom asked.

She still doesn't get why they all want to participate in such game. It's honestly stupid in her opinion, risking their lives for a bunch of weird games.

"No one knows." Shotaro said.

"There's only one person that has ever won the game. But still, we don't know what's the price. In order to win, we can't lose our number 1 rank until we graduate, that's the rule." Lucas said.

Dasom sighed, she's really not into these type of things. But she's already involved, there's no turning back now.

"If you want to leave, you can," Mark turned his head towards her, making eye contact. "But I won't guarantee you'll still be alive if you quit."

────────────

The faint light from the dimmed lights were the only thing that was lighting up the quiet hallway. There's no sound at all, and even if there is, it was probably the sound of a steady heartbeat.

The woman stared at the large picture in front of her, framed in a luxurious looking gold frame. It's their family picture four years ago, their one and only family picture.

She was so immersed in admiring the painting, recalling the hidden memories inside of her that she didn't realize her son was already behind her.

"What are you doing, mother?"

The woman turned around, holding her chest in surprise. "Mark, you scared me. I didn't hear you coming,"

Mark only smiled. It's becoming his habit, walking without anyone noticing his presence. It's one of the basic assassin skill he fully mastered.

"Nothing I was about to go back to my room. How's school?"

"Great," he said, turning to look at the picture in front of him. He was smiling there, smiling sincerely. "We should take another family picture. A new one, this one's already old."

"I know, but it won't be complete without—"

"I don't care." Mark quickly cuts his mother off, not wanting to hear about what she was going to say. His mother sighed, "you still hate him, do you?"

Mark ignored her, turning around to walk back towards his room. If it wasn't for him, Mark would probably live a normal life now. He's resenting him for everything- for leaving him behind to take care of all his shits.

All of the anger, resentment, hatred, turned into his ambition to win the game. He's not stopping until he won the game.

 He's not stopping until he won the game

wassup everyone