010

june 2nd, 2020
4:55 pm

SWEAT RAN DOWN JOSHUA'S FOREHEAD AS HE laid in shot after shot into the basketball hoop on the curb of his house

He was shirtless and the sun was beaming down his back as he continued to run shooting drills.

A black hooptie came around the corner and parked itself in the driveway of Ayoluwa's home.

Sure enough, Ayoluwa came out of the driver's seat, her locs sectioned in braids, and without sparing Joshua a glance, opened the backseat and reappeared with a little girl who had a Dora the Explorer backpack on, resting on Ayoluwa's hip.

The little girl looked to be at least four or five in age, and had skin significantly deeper than Ayoluwa's own skin tone and her type four curly hair was neatly parted into multiple twists with multicolored flower barrettes at the end of each twist.

Ayoluwa went into her house with the little girl leaving Joshua with one singular question.

She has a kid?

That doesn't surprise me.

Joshua shook his head just as the timer on his phone came off, signaling that he could rest.

He slipped his phone into his hand and held the basketball underneath his arm as he walked forward to press the correct password to open his garage.

Inside the house was significantly cooler than outside and Joshua was grateful for it.

Snatching a water out of the fridge, Joshua gulped at it as he sat down at the kitchen table.

The sound of a FaceTime call emanated from his phone and when Joshua glanced down, he could see that Jalen was calling him.

"Gup, hold on," Jalen said when he picked up.

The outline of lush covered mountains were behind him and he was also shirtless.

"Nigga, you called me." Joshua snickered, "Where are you?"

"Yeah, I know, we're hiking up mountain, uh I can't pronounce none of these hard ass Hawaiian words. Lani! You can't get another dog. Put her down!" Jalen called offscreen.

"They're literally giving puppies away so yeah, I can!" Noelani shot back, offscreen.

"This was the reason you called me?" Joshua asked in an indignant tone.