020

june 25th, 2020
10:18 pm

JOSHUA HAD FORGOTTEN HOW quickly the water gets cold in the shower

The sun had long gone down and the pasta that Ayoluwa had made a few hours ago was still heavily lodged in his stomach.

When he stepped out of the shower, Joshua looked around the bathroom for his towel then groaned.

He had forgotten it.

Opening the door just the tiniest of cracks, Joshua could spot Ayoluwa sitting against the headboard of the bed as she strummed a despondent melody, a heavily decorated notebook and pen in front of her.

She was ready for bed, in a pair of gingham red and black shorts, fuzzy socks with bananas on them and a plain blue tank top.

"Nights like this, I reminisce, all that I've known, and the patience that I've lost," Ayoluwa sung as her fingers plucked at the strings.

Once again, Joshua couldn't help but to pause completely in order to listen to her siren like voice.

"So don't you lose all that makes you you, you will be scared, unprepared sometimes, and don't you choose to lose your faith, you are loved, you are enough, don't say... Don't say... Fuck." Ayoluwa sucked her teeth then wrote something in the notebook.

Joshua blinked, "Palmer. Yo, Palmer!"

Ayoluwa looked at the door, "Josh?"

"I forgot a towel." Joshua muttered.

Ayoluwa smirked, "Now doesn't this look familiar?"

"Come on, Palmer."

"I should make you sleep in there for revenge."

Joshua scowled, "I'm not you. I'll walk downstairs butt ass naked before I sleep on this hard ass floor."

"You're bluffing. I'll give you a towel if you say sorry for making me sleep in the bathroom." Ayoluwa replied.

"Not a chance in hell!"

"Oh, okay. Bet." Ayoluwa nodded then returned to writing in her notebook.

Joshua waited a few seconds to see if she was bluffing but when it came clear that she was going to leave him stranded, Joshua groaned.

"Fine! I'm sorry." Joshua spoke through the cracked door.

"For?"