028

july 5th, 2020
3:02 pm

JOSHUA NEEDED TO get a fucking grip

And quickly.

Last night the thought of kissing Ayoluwa had flitted briefly through his mind and the fact that he had even considered the action was making Joshua start to panic.

He should not be catching feelings for someone like her.

The only thing that the two had in common was they were both from Los Angeles and that was it.

Everything was turning topsy tursy for him and he needed to turn it right side up.

Ayoluwa was still upstairs in the bedroom, probably playing guitar while Joshua sat at the kitchen table, his phone propped against a silver napkin holder.

His arms were folded and his forehead was pressed against the cold glass.

The ringing of his phone in front of him caused Joshua to groan and pick his head up.

On his cell phone was an incoming FaceTime call from Jalen.

"I can't deal with this nigga and his perfect relationship right now." Joshua muttered as he hit the red button.

But then Jalen called again making Joshua scrunch his eyebrows then answered the call, "Hello?"

Jalen was clearly on a beach with a row of palm trees behind him, "What's good?"

Joshua leaned back in his chair a little with a chuckle, "Nothing."

Joshua didn't understand why Jalen was calling especially since the last time they had spoken, Jalen was rushing to get off the phone.

Jalen sighed, "Look, I'm not trying to lose any friends over my girl but I need you to chill out about Lani, bruh."

Joshua rolled his eyes, "It's not about her, bruh. It's just about how you can't do anything witho-."

"Lovebug, pass me that water bottle?" Noelani's voice came through in the background.

"Yeah, here." Jalen responded.

Joshua sighed as soon as Jalen's eyes were back on the screen, "You see what I mean?"

Jalen glanced at Noelani then back at the phone screen, "I mean... I do but at the same time, the minute me and her get back to California, I'm gonna be busy with basketball and she's gonna be busy with school... We're not gonna have much time for each other and it's kinda freaking me out."