043

august 24th, 2020
11:56 am

AYOLUWA PACED back and forth in Shareef's bedroom, her sock covered feet sinking into the plush blue carpet

Shareef and Dior were on his bed, playing a game of NBA 2K.

Her nerves were threatening to electrocute her.

Ayoluwa's message to the record label had been read and they had said that someone would reach out to her on Monday.

Her phone was laying on the bed near Dior's feet and she wrung her hands as she continued to pace and glance at it every few seconds.

"Can you sit down? You're making me-." Dior started to say but then Ayoluwa's phone rang.

She snatched the object off of the bed and quickly answered, "Hello?"

An automated voice from a telemarketer line caused Ayoluwa to groan, hang up and then fling the phone back onto the comforter.

She was more than ready to start pulling each loc out.

Ayoluwa reached into her purse for a black hair tie and the back of her hand brushed against a flimsy material.

When she looked inside the bag, she could spot some rolled up gauze.

Ayoluwa had forgotten that she had kept gauze on her just in case Joshua had hurt himself again.

"Do you have gum?" Shareef asked.

Ayoluwa didn't answer, still holding the white material in her hand.

"Ayo!"

Ayoluwa blinked then looked up, "Huh?"

"Gum. Do you have it?" Shareef continued.

Ayoluwa passed him a piece of gum then she flicked the gauze into the trash can without a second glance.

"What is your problem?" Dior asked.

Ayoluwa blew out a sigh, "Nothing."

She didn't want to tell anyone what she had done until she had gotten good news.

No, it was better to act like nothing was going on at all.

Shareef shot her a look, "That's a lie."

Another phone rang throughout the room causing Ayoluwa to look wildly around.