027

july 4th, 2020
9:48 pm

AYOLUWA NEEDED SOME serious space from Joshua

Cuddling with him every night was making Ayoluwa's insides feel like a butterfly garden.

Ayoluwa was in the basement, sitting alone at the piano and her skull was in her hands.

She was dressed in boyfriend jeans and a yellow spaghetti strapped tank top with her locs braided in sections.

Ayoluwa had been down there by herself for at least a couple hours, trying her best not to finish this song which was a surprising turn for her.

For Ayoluwa to finish this song, that would mean thinking about Joshua.

Which would mean that her love song would be about Joshua and that fact alone was embarrassing her so much that Ayoluwa felt she had to keep this song on lock and key.

But on the other hand, once Ayoluwa finished a song, she had to let it out.

So she flickered her eyes up to check that she was still alone then moved her hands to the piano to start playing a cautious but upbeat melody.

The memory of waking up this morning with his arms around her torso filled Ayoluwa up similar to a balloon and the butterfly feeling only picked up speed.

"I'll admit it, don't see how we could be, but I get light when you're talking to me, in your eyes, get caught up accidentally, though were two different drums, we're moving in sync," Ayoluwa sung.

"And we started something by mistake, who would've thought that I would feel this way, this way about you, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da," Ayoluwa had to start improvising because she heard the door to the basement open and the stairs creaked.

And even if she was writing a love song about Joshua, she couldn't let him hear it.

Joshua walked towards the piano, "Aye, the fireworks are about to start. You're still coming, right?"

The sound of his voice caused a flighty feeling to start to rise in Ayoluwa's exposed abdomen, "Uh, yeah. Just give me a minute."

Joshua nodded then he was back up the stairs.

Ayoluwa shut the lid on the piano keys, "You're okay. You're okay. You're okay. As long as he doesn't suspect anything, you'll be okay."

Then Ayoluwa tucked one braided loc behind her ear and rose to head upstairs, Brandy's Put That On Everything on her lips, another attempt to calm her stomach.