002 | "hey you!"

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

It was only yesterday when Teacher Haji told me we're going to Ba Sing Se and it looks like we're already leaving tomorrow. I still don't know how me and Teacher Haji are supposed to take us all the way from Hujiang to Ba Sing Se. Teacher Haji knows but he doesn't want to tell me until tomorrow when we're leaving.

But before I will leave for Ba Sing Se I have something I want to do, medidate. I used to have a period when I was really stressed about my earthbending and Teacher Haji introduced me to medication. So ever since then have I meditated whenever my mind needs it.

I had some difficulties falling asleep last night because I kept being worried about Hujiang while me and Teacher Haji will be away. Even sleeping helped to clear my mind a little bit but I still want to meditate just to make sure I have cleaned my mind completely from worries.

You might think I like to medicate inside a cave or something like that in the Taihua Mountains but actually not. Sometimes I meditate inside a cave but I prefer to be in the forest on the other side of Taihua Mountains. You see, Hujiang is surrounded by the Taihua Mountains like a wall and on the other side of the wall is a giant forest.

After walking for a couple of minutes inside the forest, have I arrived at my destination. It's a lake that's running through the forest. I placed myself right beside the lake and created a small column underneath me to sit on. I sat down on the column with my legs crossed above each other and then started to breathe in slowly as I closed my eyes.

After breathing in and out a couple of times and my mind started to pay less and less attention to my surroundings.. I suddenly felt something walking closer to me. I immediately opened up my eyes and stood up on the column, scanning my surroundings. Even if I can't see anything coming closer to me, can I feel it with my feets.

I know it's a human, and I don't have positive feelings about this human either..

I raised my upwards, creating two walls to bind their hands before I started to walk towards my victim. I only had to walk through a shrub until I found my victim, a tall, black haired boy with.. The Fire Nation uniform.

"Hey you!" The boy said annoyed when he saw me.

I took a few steps back, getting ready to run back to Hujiang but the boy used firebening at me with his feet. I created an earth shelter to block myself and then threw two shackles on his feets.

"Why are you using firebening at me?" I asked.

"I would like to ask you the same question, why are you using earthbending at me?" The boy asked back, still annoyed.

"What do you think? I could feel something with bad vibes was coming closer to me.. And I was definitely right about that" I replied and chuckled at the end.

"And I can feel you're a skilled earthbender and since we're in this forest can I guess you're from Hujiang which is interesting. I thought the earthbenders from Hujiang were extinct but I was wrong.." The boy said and looked at me with a smirk.

"Are you planning on doing something with Hujiang? Don't even think about doing something with my people" I responded and started to walk towards him so i was facing him.

"I wasn't planning on doing something.. Until I found you. Are you the only earthbender in Hujiang?" The boy asked.

I didn't feel the need to respond to his question. I removed the shackles on his feets and the walls that bind his hands at the same time I let his body sink down in the ground. The boy was looking at me with widened eyes while his body up to the shoulder was down in the ground.

"I said don't even think about doing something with my people!" I screamed at him.

"Calm down, I won't, I promise" The boy responded in panic.

"And why should I trust you? Out of all people in the world do you think I should trust someone from the Fire Nation?" I asked.

"It's up to you if you want to trust me or not, but I won't do anything to your people" The boy answered.

He's speaking the truth? It's impossible, he can't speak the truth.. Why do I feel he's speaking the truth when it's supposed to be the opposite? But even if I want to trust myself, do I need to trust my senses more..

I signed as I quickly let his body move up from the ground again. He started to wipe away the dust from his clothes as he looked at me with a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes back at him.. Why do i trust someone from the Fire Nation.

"I need to say I really like your attitude, no one has talked with me like that" The boy said when he finished wiping away the dust from his clothes.

"Am I supposed to take it as a compliment?" I responded.

"It's a compliment and especially because I want to know your name as well" The boy said and took a step closer to me even if we're already standing close enough.

"Aeji. Can you leave me alone now? I don't want to see you again" I replied.

"Earthbender Aeji from Hujiang.. I will leave you alone now" The boy responded and went back to have this smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him once again before I started to walk away. I looked away a few times just to make sure the boy had disappeared from my view before I started to run back to Hujiang. Even if the boy told me he would not do something with hujiang and my senses said it was true.. I still can't trust him.

I arrived at Hujiang and continued to run towards Teacher Haji's house and rushed inside as fast as I could. I slammed the door into teacher Haji's house, making him look at me confused as I tried to catch my breath.

"What's wrong Aeji? Has something happened?" Teacher Haji asked me worriedly and started to walk towards me.

"I met a boy from the Fire Nation when I was meditating.." I answered.

Teacher Haji immediately reacted to what I said and quickly closed the door behind me. We decided to sit down so I could tell him what happened.

"What did he say? Is the Fire Nation coming to Hujiang?" Teacher Haji asked.

"He said he won't do anything to Hujiang and according to my senses was he speaking the truth too.. However, I do have a bad feeling about this" I replied.

"That's weird.. But you're right Aeji, something doesn't feel right about this" Teacher Haji said.

We suddenly started to hear screams outside. Me and Teacher Haji quickly got up from our seats and opened up the door, revealing black snowflakes slowly falling down from the sky. I ran out from the house and looked up at the sky, seeing 3 Fire Nation air balloons above me..