023 | jongseong?

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Mine and Riki's ordinary plan was to fly back to the Upper Ring after playing around on the Outer Wall, but we change our mind and visit Jake again on the Lower Ring. The Lower Ring is a very crowded era so it's a bit difficult to know where you're supposed to land with a flying bison.

Fortunately we were able to find a small barnfarm house to let Bisco be in meanwhile we're visiting Jake. The barnfarm house was empty, the only thing you could find there was hay which made Bisco really happy and immediately started to run forwards it, so she could eat the hay.

Me and Riki let out a laugh as we watched Bisco until we began moving towards our destination. The barnfarm house is not so far away from the building where Jake works either which is very nice. We walked around the corner and spotted Jake walking with his co-workers.

"Jake!" Riki called Jake.

Jake turned around and immediately spotted us. He said goodbye to his co-workers and the began running towards us with a smile on his face.

"What are you two doing here?" Jake asked us while he kept the smile on his face.

"We were just passing by so we decided to come and visit you" Riki answered.

"Riki made me follow him up to the Outer Wall just so he could play with his bison whistle" I added while I chuckled.

"Why didn't you invite me too?" Jake asked Riki, feeling a little betrayed.

"I will invite you next time" Riki replied and gave Jake a clap on the shoulder.

Jake gave Riki a clap on his shoulder as well and then asked us if we would like to grab something to eat. Both me and Riki liked the idea so we began walking through the streets of the Lower Ring until we found a restaurant to eat at.

We ended up leaving the Lower Ring and headed up to the Middle Ring instead and to the restaurant me and Jake had our date on. The restaurant is quite full of people but the three of us were still able to find a table.

"Ah, Aeji? I met a friend of yours today" Jake said when we had sat down around a table.

I looked at Jake a bit confused. A friend of mine? Did he meet Kai or Lua?

"Your mediating friend" Jake added while he looked at me with a smile. Meanwhile I almost started to choke on air..

"You met Pri..?!" I almost exposed Prince Jay's name but I stopped myself before I revealed it.

"I mean, you met.. J.. Jongseong..?" I immediately added to cover up my mistake before Jake or Riki noticed anything.

"Jongseong?" Jake asked a bit confused.

"Yes, didn't he tell you his name?" I asked back and tried to act as casual as I could.

"No he didn't, that's why I called him your meditating friend" Jake answered and chuckled in the end.

"Jongseong is a quite long name, where is he from?" Riki suddenly added a question.

"He's from the southern Earth Kingdom.. Very southern.." I replied.

"But why did you meet him?" I asked Jake.

"Jongseong came to us because he needed help to get rid of a scar on his back. And honestly, during all these years I have been a healer, it's my first time seeing a scar like Jongseong's. I could feel the pain self just by looking at his scar and it hurt even more when he told me that he received it because of a firebender" Jake answered.

Both me and Riki were shocked after Jake finished his last sentence. If Prince Jay has a scar that he received from a firebender, that means he received it from his father. After everything Prince Jay have told me about his father, then it can't be anyone else than his father who have made that scar. 

"And to be honest, I really liked Jongseong. He's very nice and I had a really great time talking with him" Jake added.

"Can I also meet this Jongseong guy? Both of you have met him so then I also want to, okay? But also, why am I finding out about Jongseong now while Jake already knew about him? " Riki asked me.

"Because I have only met Jongseong once and during that one time saw Jake us so that's why he knows about Jongseong. And I didn't feel the need to tell you about Jongseong either since I have only met him once" I answered.

"That makes sense" Riki replied.

"But Aeji, can't you invite Jongseong to hang out with us?" Jake asked me.

"We can't do that!" I immediately responded which made both Jake and Riki look at me very confused because of my sudden reaction.

"I mean.. Jongseong will go back home very soon so I'm not sure if he will have any time left to hang out with us. But I also don't know if I will meet him again either since I have met him once" I said, trying to cover up my reaction.

"But if you meet him again then ask if Jongseong would like to hang out with us. I'm sure he will be able to find a time even if he's leaving soon" Jake replied.

I nodded at Jake's reply since I have no idea what I'm supposed to answer to be honest. Riki seems to like Jake's idea of inviting Prince Jay to our hang out's but I am very much against that idea compared to Jake and Riki.

I just don't like the idea of us four hanging out together and especially because I picture a scenario in my head when Jake and Riki found out that Prince Jay has Fire Nation blood. That's a situation I would skip than make it happen.