008 | stopover

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

The Taihua Mountains have now disappeared from my view which means I have officially left my home. I already miss it even if it's only been less than 10 minutes since I left. If you look at the Earth Kingdom map and then point out Hujiang and Ba Sing Se, can you see that they're not so far away from each other but of course, the distance in reality is much longer than the distance on a map.

I signed and then turned my head back so it was looking at the front. My eyes automatically fell down on Riki who's sitting on Bisco's head meanwhile me and Teacher Haji are sitting on Bisco's back.

"It's really good to see you again Riki, how have you been doing?" I asked him while I slided down on Bisco's neck so I could sit beside Riki.

"I have been doing good. I have been spending a lot of time lately on my practice but also visiting south and eastern Air Temple which have taken a lot of time since it's on the other side of the globe. And I'm sorry for not visiting you in a while.." Riki answered.

"At least I know you're alive now so it's fine. I do feel kinda bad because you're always the one who is visiting but never the one who's being visited. Everything would be so much easier if all of us had our own flying bison" I said.

"That's nothing to feel bad about. It would definitely feel nice if maybe you could fly up to the northern Air Temple sometimes but you already know I have nothing against being the one who's visiting either you or Jake" Riki replied.

Jake, just by hearing his name made my heart skip a beat while it started to beat fast inside my chest at the same time. Jake, Riki and I have known each other since we were kids and have been very close to each other during all these years as well. Even if the three of us live in three different nations, are we still very close to each other even if we can't necessarily see each other so often.

As you know, I am from the northern Earth kingdom and Riki from the northern Air Temple meanwhile Jake is from the North Pole. And just like us, Jake is also a bender but of course a waterbender since he belongs to the Water Tribe.

"Speaking of Jake.. How are things going between you two?" Riki asked with a smirk on his face while he poked my arm with his elbow.

"We actually met quite recently.. and we shared a kiss before he left.." I answered and immediately felt how much my cheeks are probably blushing right now.

"You and Jake kissed?!" Riki responded surprised.

"Finally some sort of progress is starting to happen after the both of you have liked each other for an eternity. It's like when we were younger and you faked getting hurt just because you wanted Jake to use his healing on you" He added.

"When will you stop mentioning that?" I replied and pushed him a little bit on the side with a small laugh.

I have liked Jake for a long time now. I have always liked him, even when we were kids but after we started to mature I began finding him very attractive and I started to see him in a different way, which led me to the position I am in right now. Me and Jake have always had a different relationship to each other and even if we both know we like each other, none of us wanted to admit it, which is the reason why the progress is going quite slow.

The kiss we shared when we last saw each other feels like a confirmation that we both like each other but since we haven't met since the kiss, can i not still confirm anything. Now when I think about it.. Jake decided to visit me since he was going to pass by Hujiang while he and some other people from the North Pole were on their way somewhere.

And if my memory is correct.. Then might Jake be in Ba Sing Se when we arrive..

"I think we need to stopover, Bisco starts to be quite tired since we have flown all the way from the northern Air Temple" Riki said after Bisco suddenly groaned.

We ended up landing beside a long lake which is almost like an seperation between northwest and northeast Earth Kingdom. When Bisco landed with her 6 feets on the ground, she immediately laid down on her stomach so her feets were stretched out to the side. The three of us let out a small laugh and then we jumped off Bisco.

It always feels so nice whenever my feets can touch the ground again. We didn't necessarily stay in the air for so long but it was still enough for me after only a few seconds. Me, Riki and Teacher Haji started to prepare for the night. It's a few hours since it's time for us to sleep but as Riki said, Bisco is starting to be quite tired after been flying for so long today.

I wish we could continue to fly so we could arrive at Ba Sing Se as soon as possible, it feels like I can't wait for tomorrow. And especially after I realized Jake might be in Ba Sing Se too..

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
it's still unclear which gender bisco have but for this story as ni-ki's flying bison is bisco going to be a girl lol