033 | capital city prison

:: JAY

:: JAY

Even though I have been practicing non-stop with all of the strength and power inside of me, either my body or my brain want to stop because of the adrenaline which distracts me from feeling exhausted and tired.

My oppender this time is different, but I can't tell if it is a good thing or not. My oppender just used to be humans with flesh and bones, but now they are made of metal instead. There's no flesh and bones humans left to practice with, so I have no other choice than use these metal humans instead.

The biggest disadvantage with these metal humans is that they can't fight back, they're just standing there while I use all of my strength and power against them.

My eyes drifted away from my oppender for a very short moment which was enough with time to realize that Jun had arrived. I decided to take a break and join Jun for whatever reason he's here. But Jun is my best friend, he don't really need to explain why he's here even if he's showing up out of nowhere.

"What's up with your oppender? He looks a little frim and inflexible" Jun said with a chuckle while he pointed at my oppender.

"We don't have any oppenders left made of flesh and bones so I have no other choice than to use one made of metal" I replied and took a seat next to Jun.

"Is your father not able to find any more firebenders to practice with? How's that even possible?" Jun asked.

"That's honestly a very good question" I responded.

"How many times have you visited Aeji in the Boiling Rock?" Jun asked and changed the conversation topic.

"Only once, and it was yesterday. My schedule has kept me busy these past days but I was able to make up some time to meet Aeji yesterday. I'm actually thinking about maybe visiting her boyfriend later today, wanna join?" I replied.

"The waterbender dude Jake? Sure, why not" Jun said.

Putting Jake behind bars was something I didn't expect me to do. My father might have warned about him before because in our eyes, Jake is a threat to the Fire Nation but I have never thought of a scenario when I put Jake behind bars.

My father wanted Jake to be placed in the Boiling Rock but since Aeji was already there, I needed to rechange the plan because I don't want any interactions between Jake and Aeji. Jake might be a bigger threat to the Fire Nation than Aeji but I like to have her locked up on the Boiling Rock.

🌥️

Meanwhile Aeji is locked inside the Boiling Rock, a prison located on a volcanic island in the middle of a boiling lake, is Jake locked inside the Capital City Prison. A prison that holds Fire Nation's most high-profile prisoners.

Me and Jun arrived at the Capital City Prison and immediately got greeted by the guards as soon as we arrived. We walked in and followed the hallways which eventually would lead us to Jake's cell.

Without thinking twice, I swung up the metal door, revealing Jake sitting inside the darkness all by himself. Jake looked up at us but immediately looked away again after realizing it was me and Jun who was standing in the doorway.

"What do you want now?" Jake muttered.

"You're just like your girlfriend, immediately ask what i'm doing here instead of being excited to see me" I said while chuckling.

"And why would I be excited to see you? Do you think I would feel excitement when I see the face of an arrogant idiot like you? I haven't even done something wrong to you or your nation, why are you acting like this to me?" Jake responded annoyed.

"You might not know about this but I have known you for a very long time, long before we met in Ba Sing Se. My father had once given me information about you because you could be a potential threat to our nation, ever since then have your name been in my long-time memory. But then something happened in Ba Sing Se, I discovered a secret ability from you. A ability you fear" I started.

"I also discovered something else in Ba Sing Se, something that we actually have in common. Both of us likes Aeji, but unfortunately you are the one who has the key to her heart" I added.

"I never expected my abilities to be this well known, so hearing that Fire Lord Sejo has knowledge gives me confirmation that I'm doing great. But there's something I never expected from you Prince Jay. Behind this arrogant, rude and selfish outside are you hiding a very jealous inside" Jake said and added a smirk in the end.

"He's right" Jun suddenly whispered which made me hit him on the arm.

"You would definitely lock me in here even if me and Aeji weren't dating but I know one of the reasons why I'm sitting here right now is because of your jealousy" Jake added while he kept a smirk on his face.

I hate that Jake is right about all of this..

Yes I would lock Jake in even if he and Aeji were not dating because he's a threat to the Fire Nation, but he just happened to date Aeji as well which gave me another reason to lock him in.

"Yes I might be jealous and that might be a reason why you're here right now. But in case this will make you feel better, Aeji is here in the Fire Nation as well" I said.

The mention of Aeji's name made Jake's eyes wide open. He stood up from sitting on the cold, hard, metal floor and instead stood up a few meters away from me.

"What have Aeji done to you? She told me she counted you as a friend, and this is what she receives back? Aeji don't deserve to be treated like this because of me" Jake said.

Aeji thinks Jake is being treated like this because of her and Jake thinks Aeji is treated like this because of him. But what both of them don't know is that they're both treated like this because of each other.

"You and Aeji are such a sweet couple sometimes, always taking care of each other before yourself. What a shame it's going to be for you when I am going to be the one who takes over the key" I replied.

"Yeah sure, Aeji would definitely break up with me because of you" Jake said with a chuckle.

"That's up to the future" I responded before I closed the metal door to leave Jake alone again inside his dark and cold cell.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
am i the only one who thinks that jake is acting a little bit different in this chapter? it's just accidentally ended up being like that lol