005 | leaving hujiang

:: AEJI

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

:: AEJI

Waking up this morning felt different compared to how I usually feel when I wake up. Not because I normally feel something special when I wake up in the morning but it still feels different..

It's probably the anxious feelings inside of me I still haven't gotten rid off. This anxious feeling inside of me has been haunting me since yesterday after the Fire Nation decided to pay a visit. I just can't get over it, the whole experience is something you just can't forget so easily.

The fear I saw on everyone's faces went right into my heart, because it hurts seeing the people I care about experiencing something horrible like that..

"How are you feeling Aeji?" Daye suddenly showed up and sat down right next to me.

I am currently sitting down around the Taihua Mountains, the same place as the day before yesterday. As I mentioned before is this a really precious place to me so I tend to come here often since it is my comfort place.

"I'm not sure how I feel to be honest. There's a lot of mixed feelings inside of me that are difficult to express and explain. Of course I already knew something like this could possibly happen but I never expected it to actually happen.." I replied.

"Yesterday feels like a dream, it's hard to believe it really happened" Daye said.

Daye is right, yesterday does really feel like a dream and it's hard to believe it all happened. It's hard to explain how it feels to someone who hasn't experienced something like this.

"I have never been so scared in my entire life like I was yesterday. Especially because I knew it was a huge chance they would take you away from me" Daye added.

"Believe it or not but there's actually someone who saved both me and teacher Haji from being taken away.." I replied.

"Prince Jay" I simply said.

Daye looked at me with wide confused eyes. The confusion was written all over her face after I suddenly mentioned Prince Jay's name in our conversation. But I understand her confusion, Not even I personally can't believe I got saved from the price of the Fire Nation.

"I met Prince Jay in the forest I meditate in before their visit. He realized I was from Hujiang and started to ask me if I was the only earthbender in Hujiang but I ended up threatening him by letting him sink down on the ground.. And then he promised me he wont do anything to Hujiang.." I said.

"You did what?!" Daye responded even more confused than before and let out a chuckle afterwards.

"You're definitely one of a kind Aeji, I can't believe you did that. Didn't you feel scared when you met Prince Jay?" She added.

"I was scared at first when I saw that he's from the Fire Nation but that feeling disappeared really quickly. I didn't even know at first it was Prince Jay until he arrived in Hujiang" I replied.

"You're incredible" Daye said and chuckled again afterwards.

In my perspective, I would say Prince Jay is more incredible than me. Because if you think about it, he had a task to do which was to take all the earthbenders from Hujiang but Prince Jay decided to skip his task? Yes I did threaten Prince Jay by letting his body sink down in the ground but he still could ignore what I said and did to him since he has the power to do so.

It's Firelords Sejo's son, Prince Jay of the Fire Nation we're talking about.

"What if Prince Jay likes you?" Daye added and looked at me with a smirk.

"Are you out of your mind? Why are you even thinking that thought?" I responded with a chuckle while I pushed Daye a little bit.

"I just wanted to joke with you. But it's a shame that Prince Jay is from the Fire Nation since he's quite handsome" Daye said and shrugged.

"I'm asking again, are you out of your mind? I can't believe you can see something positive about someone from the Fire Nation" I replied.

Daye shrugged again after hearing my reply. She might be my best friend but sometimes I can't even understand what's going on in her mind. I shaked my head and started to look in front of me again. Far away in the horizon I saw something flying towards me and Daye.

I kept staring at it, trying to figure out what it is but I only needed a few seconds until I started to find answers to some of my questions. The flying thing started to appear in a white color and it looked like an animal. Could it perhaps be..

"Riki!" I screamed excited and started to wave my hand towards him and his flying bison named Bisco.

Riki waved back at me and made Bisco fly a little bit faster so in the next seconds he was already back on the ground again. I quickly stood up from my seat and started to run towards Riki so I could give him a hug.

It's been so long since I last saw Riki, he usually comes to visit Hujiang from time to time but now it's been awhile since Riki was here last time. Let's hope that the Fire nation haven't done anything with the northern Air Temple..

"Are you ready to leave Aeji?" Teacher Haji suddenly showed up and looked at me and Riki with a smile on his face.

"So this is how we're going to take us to Ba Sing Se? I understand now why you didn't tell me" I replied.

Teacher Haji nodded while he continued to hold the smile on his face. Riki helped Teacher Haji to get on Bisco meanwhile Daye started to run towards me to give me a hug, just like how I ran towards Riki but the feeling of the hug is the difference.

"Please be back soon" Daye said while she buried her face on my shoulder.

"I promise I will be back soon" I replied while I also had my face buried on her shoulder.

We slowly broke the hug and said one last goodbye before I jumped on Bisco as well. Daye waved her hand as Riki said his "yip, yip", making Bisco fly up in the air. I kept looking at Daye until she disappeared from my view. For every single secoud that passed by, the further away I became from Hujiang but closer to Ba Sing Se.

Ba Sing Se, here I come..