024 | finding jay

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

It's a bit frustrating to know that Prince Jay has knowledge about where I live, both here in Ba Sing Se but also back home in Hujiang, meanwhile I have no clue about where Prince Jay. It's not difficult to find out where he lives in the Fire Nation since he's a prince but here in Ba Sing Se, that's another thing.

I know the neighborhood of the Upper Ring but not the exact house of that neighborhood. Am I supposed to knock on every single door of the house in the neighborhood until I found out which one of them belongs to Prince Jay. If that's the case, then it's going to be the last house I knock on, is going to belong to the Fire Nation prince.

I closed the door behind me and began my journey through the Upper Ring. I walked close to the neighborhood where Prince Jay lives and unexpectedly, I was able to spot him immediately. Prince Jay was sitting underneath the tree where I taught him meditation, and it seems like it's working.

"Prince Jay!" I called his name while I was walking up on the hill.

The prince automatically turned around and looked at me a bit confused. But his facial expression changed into a smile when he saw it was me. I think Prince Jay found it a bit annoying that I suddenly interruptus in his meditating. That's a revenge.

"I am usually the one who finds you but it's the opposite way this time. Did you perhaps miss me so much that you started to search for me?" Prince Jay asked with a smirk on his face.

"I did actually search for you but it's not because I miss you so much. It's because Jake told me he met you yesterday" I answered while I sat down next to me.

"So you came here just to talk about your boyfriend or what?" Prince Jay replied to tease me. I hit him lightly on the arm before I started to speak again.

"I just want to know what you and Jake talked about, okay? Jake told me he had a great time talking with you so I want to know what you two talked about" I said. 

"Our conversation topics were mostly about Jake's life actually. I was curious about his life so I asked him some questions surrounding his life, which means you were mentioned a couple of times in our conversation" Prince Jay responded and looked at me with a grin at the end.

Hearing that Jake mentioned me a lot when he talked about his life made the butterflies come alive inside my stomach. Riki has already told me before that Jake likes to mention me whenever their conversation topic is about, but hearing this from Prince Jay feels different.

Jake and Riki are best friends meanwhile it's Jake's first time meeting someone but still mention me in the conversation even if it's his first time meeting someone.

"But Prince Jay.. Jake told me you went to them to get rid of the scar that you got from a firebender. It's a scar from your father right?" I asked to change our topic, but also atmosphere as well.

"It was from that day my entire world changed since it was that day I found out about how my father truly thinks about me. Ever since that moment have I been nothing but a failure, embarrassment and disappointment in my father's eyes. My relationship with my father has always been complicated but receiving that scar gave me confirmation" Prince Jay answered.

"What about your mother then? You have never mentioned her since it's always your father who keeps attacking you whatever you're doing" I replied.

"It's because I barely remember my mother. She suddenly disappeared one day when I was very young so that's why I never mentioned her. According to my father is my mother a horrible, awful and fake woman who keeps a lot of secrets behind his back" Prince Jay responded. 

"But why are you even asking me about these things?" Prince Jay suddenly asked me.

"Because I care about you. What else would the reason be?" I asked back confused.

"I don't know, I was just curious since it feels like you still don't see me as a friend but keep getting to know my deeper side everytime we meet" Prince Jay answered.

I looked at him confused while listening to his answer. I moved my left hand down to the ground which made me feel that something was off with the prince. I can already tell by Prince Jay body language that something is wrong but my hidden technique helps me confirm them.

Not only can I sense if something comes towards me during a fight with my feets, but I can also use my hands to do these things as well. But I mostly use my feets whenever I use my senses but it's not impossible to use my hands as well.

And I can not only see something coming towards me from behind, but I can also tell if someone is lying or something like that.

"Something's wrong, right?" I asked the prince.

"Something is actually wrong but it's very confusing since I don't even know why I keep thinking about this.. " Prince Jay answered.

"But talk with me about it. Share your thoughts with me and then I can try to help you summarize your thoughts so it's not a mess up in your head with all these thoughts" I replied and looked at him with a smile.

Prince Jay gave me a light smile back and then started to look down on the grass underneath us. He let out a sign before he began to speak.

"We have become quite close to each other despite knowing each other for a very short amount of time, and for me.. I'm not very used to having friends and.." Prince Jay said.

"I know it sounds weird but just remember it comes from a person who has made one friend in his entire life but.." He added but kept making me wait.

Then Prince Jay suddenly looked up to my eyes again, staring at me for a couple of long seconds until his mouth slowly started to open up again. But even if his mouth was slightly open, no words or sound came out from it.

"Oh, I just remembered that I left something, a candle in my house.. And I don't want it to burn up my house so, see you!" Prince Jay suddenly said with speed and within a second he was running down the hill and towards his house.

I kept looking at Prince Jay like a question mark while he's running towards his house. Everything happened so fast which makes the whole situation really confusing but one thing is for sure, and that is Prince Jay wanted to avoid telling me something..