044 | home = where you feel safe

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Today must be the most beautiful night out of all the nights and days I have been here. The sky is dark blue with thousands of stars and constellations that lights up the sky above us. The Fire Nation has really become my home, this is a place where I feel safe. And after a longer time than I expected, it is officially going to be my home.

I guess you could say that the Fire Nation officially became my home a long time ago, but for some reasons does it feel more natural to say the Fire Nation is my home now when me and Jay are getting married today. It's been a while since we first started to plan our wedding until this day, but me and Jay didn't want to stress since we got all the time in the world.

I'm looking at my reflection in the mirror, wearing a beautiful wedding gown. At first it was planned that I was going to wear a red colored wedding gown, but I suggested to wear a green one instead since I want to represent my nation. And that's how we came up with the whole theme for the wedding, since the color theme of this wedding is going to be red and green.

"Aeji!" Daye suddenly appeared in front of me with her arms wrapped around my body.

"Look at you! You're so beautiful!" Daye said excitedly.

"Thank you, but it still feels weird to see me like this since I never dress up like this. Isn't the whole dress and everything a little too much? " I asked.

"You're getting married to a royalty, dressing up too much is normal for them" Daye answered while chuckling.

"You're right" I replied while I smiled back at her.

My eyes went back to my own reflection in the mirror again. Daye is right, dressing up a little too much is normal for royalty but it still feels weird since I'm not used to this silhouette of myself. However, I have never looked more beautiful in my entire life. I can't wait to see Jay's reaction when he sees me.

"I always knew you were going to be the first one of us to get married. But now while I'm watching you, standing here in your wedding gown, I can't help but feel jealous because I also want to get married now" Daye said.

"Don't worry, Jun will definitely propose to you in the future" I replied while I formed a smirk on my lips.

"Jun? Why did you mention Jun out of nowhere? Why would he propose to me" Daye said quickly due to my sudden comment.

"Do you think that I haven't noticed all of the glances you and Jun are constantly stealing from each other?" I responded while chuckling. 

Daye suddenly looked away, probably trying to hide the red cheeks on her face. I let out a soft laugh and Daye quickly tried to calm herself down just so the red cheeks could disappear from her cheeks. Someone suddenly knocked on the door, and a woman revealed herself behind the door.

It was the same woman who called me highness for the first time and then announced me and Jay's wedding.

"It's time to get ready your highness, it's happening soon" The woman said.

I immediately took a deep breath to calm myself down after the woman spoke. Daye gave me one last hug and then quickly walked out from the room to get back to the other guests. I looked at my reflection one last time and then I followed the woman through the hallways.

We arrived outside the wedding courtyard and behind two giant curtains that covered me from the guests. I keep taking deep breaths so the nervosity would hopefully disparee. I don't know why I'm nervous. There's nothing to be nervous about but I'm still nervous.

Suddenly, the two giant curtains fell down and all the attention was on me. All the gustes stood up and looked at me while I slowly walked towards Jay. Even though I have hundreds of eyes on me, is there still only one person I can see. Jay. We were having a quite long distance from each other, but I could see how Jay tried to hold back his tears just like me.

The walk went faster than I expected and suddenly was I standing there only a couple of meters away from Jay. Jay took a few steps closer to me to grab my hand and kiss it, and then held it as we walked together towards Teacher Haji, the one who's going to make us husband and wife. 

"First, I'd like to begin by welcoming everyone and thanking each and every one of you for being here on this most happy of days. It's no accident that each of you are here today, and each of you were invited to be here because you represent someone important in the individual and collective lives of Jay and Aeji" Teacher Haji started.

"Jay and Aeji, what you've accomplished here today is no small feat. Your journey began way before you sent out the invitations, chose this beautiful venue or even decided to spend the rest of your lives together. Your journey began the moment you first met. You took the time to learn what makes the other person smile, what makes them laugh and how to best support them when life is less than simple" Teacher Haji added.

"You two have built a new world with your love, and have worked every day to support this world as it changes and grows. Marriages bring hard days, just as they bring beautiful ones. And this day is a reminder of what your love has already accomplished, and the amazing possibilities of what it can continue to accomplish and overcome in the many, many years ahead of you" He added.

"Jay, do you take Aeji to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?" Teacher Haji asked Jay.

"I do" Jay answered.

"Aeji, do you take Jay to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?" Teacher Haji asked me.

"I do" I answered.

"This means it's my honour to call you husband and wife. You can now kiss the bride" Teacher Haji said with a wide smile on his face.

Both me and Jay smiled back at him before we turned around so we were facing each other. Without thinking twice, the both of us pulled each other into a hug while we let our lips meet in the middle. I could hear how all of our guests cheered and screamed at us, but everything was just background noises to me. 

"I love you Aeji, I really really love you" Jay said after we broke the kiss.

"I really really love you too" I replied while I wiped both mine and his tears. 

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━
jay and aeji are very cheesy
sometimes.. :)