E P I L O G U E

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

There are moments in life that become precious memories on purpose, or without realizing it. And right now is a moment that will become a precious memory without realizing it. It feels like I'm creating new memories everyday for the past year that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life.

And for me personally, I like the small but detailed memories. The memories that leave a special place in your heart even though it's a very small memory. One example is right now. Me and Jay are currently sitting outside together in our small yard in the Royal Place. We're sitting beside a small lake and feeding turtle ducks with bread.

I placed my head on Jay's shoulder while moving a few more inches closer to him. Jay placed down the piece of bread he was holding on and swung his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer in his embrace. Jay and I looked at each other and smiled and then let our lips meet.

Our kiss was long and passionate but we both automatically stopped as soon as we heard two familiar voices coming towards us.

"I'm first!" Our son San said excitedly.

"No I'm first!" Our second son Sam replied and created a wall right in front of San.

You heard it right, me and Jay got two kids, two twin boys named San and Sam. And obviously, both of our kids were gifted the ability to bend just like me and Jay. San is a firebender while Sam is an earthbender.

"What are you two doing? You must be careful when you play" I said and went up to check if San is alright since he bumped right into the wall his twin brother made.

"A woman went up to me and San with a letter and asked if we could deliver it to you. So me and San wanted to see which one of us could get here first" Sam said and held out a white envelope.

Jay took the envelope from Sam and immediately ripped it off to see what it was inside. Jay pulled out a piece of paper. He went silent for a few seconds and then turned around to look at me with a big, wide smile.

"We got an invitation to Jun and Daye's wedding" Jay said.

It's not only me and Jay who have a lover in their life, Jun and Daye created a romantic and flirtatious athompshare around them as soon as they saw each other for the first time. Now I'm just waiting for Daye to revive her first child so our childs can be best friends just like us, and after that is my life fully complete. 

"Uncle Jake!" San and Sam said excitedly and started to run away.

Me and Jay followed them with our eyes and spotted Jake walking into the yard. Jake sat down on his knees to match his height with San and Sam while the twins hugged him tightly. My heart always melt whenever I see my kids together with Jake, and especially when you can see how much all three of them enjoy each others company.

Jake, San and Sam broke the hug and started to walk back to me and Jay. As soon as Jake sat down in front of me and Jay, San immediately sat down on Jake's lap before Sam had a chance to do it. Sam looked annoyed at his brother and then walked over to Jay to sit in his lap instead.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jake out of curiosity.

"I was near this area so I decided to pass by and check how everything is going" Jake answered.

"Is there perhaps anything that's happening here in the Fire Nation? Is there sickness going around?" Jay responded a little worried.

"I might be the Fire Lord but I don't know exactly everything since it sometimes takes time until I receive information" He added.

"There's no sickness that goes around in the Fire Nation, not at least what I know. I was actually just in the southern Air Temple, and since I was in the southern part of the world, I decided to pass by before I return home" Jake replied.

Ever since Jake and the northern Water Tribe was offered a job in Ba Sing Se to cure injuries in the Lower Ring, have he continued that career path. At this point have Jake almost visited all the four nations at least twice each.

I'm happy for Jake. I know how much he loves to make other people happy so seeing him doing that on a daily basis makes me really happy. 

"How's Riki? It's been a little while since I last heard anything from him" I asked Jake.

"He is doing good. I visited the northern Air Temple not that long ago and fortunately Riki was there as well. Since Riki loves to fly around with Bisco, I was expecting that he would be somewhere else but fortunately he was there" Jake answered.

"I miss Riki. The three of us should do something together soon too. It's been too long since the three of us did something together" I replied and Jake immediately agreed with me. 

Remember what I said earlier about memories? The reason why they always end up being so precious to me is because they're always related to my friends and family. There's nothing I'm more grateful for than my friends and family. Without them, I wouldn't be standing here today. Without them, I would be a completely different person compared to who I am today.

I'm grateful for my parents who have always supported me.

I'm grateful for Daye for being my best friend through thick and thin.

I'm grateful for Teacher Haji who has believed in me before anyone else.

I'm grateful for Riki who always gives me a reason to smile.

I'm grateful for Jake for being my biggest supporter, my best best through thick and thin, someone who have believed in me before anyone else and have always gave me a reason to smile.

And last but not least, I'm grateful for Jay. I never realized I had a missing piece of my puzzle until Jay suddenly came into my life. He is the most important person in my life, my home, safe place, best friend, husband and father of my kids. If comfort was person, it would be Jay because I never felt more accepted and comfortable by someone like Jay.

And this is only the beginning..