015 | late night pt.two

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

After spending a few hours in the restaurant, we decided to leave to move on to our other location. I thought me and Jake were only going to spend the night in the restaurant but it seems like I was wrong and there's more happening.

According to Jake is our next destination one of the most romantic places in Ba Sing Se and especially at night. The atmosphere around me and Jake are a bit different now compared to when we were on the way to the restaurant. Before we felt a little shy and kept stealing glances, but now are we playing around a bit with each other while we're swinging our arms back and forth as we're walking.

"Ready?" Jake asked and placed himself in front of me.

I nodded as a response which made Jake slowly turn around. Behind him was a mountain, surrounded by lanterns and there were also lanterns floating on the water inside the mountain. I walked a few steps closer to take a closer look. The lanterns make the water sparkle and reflect in the water in such a beautiful way.

"Aeji.." Jake said while he placed his hand on my waist, making me turn around so I could look at him in the face.

"You still haven't asked your question yet. And I'm not letting you go until I hear your question because I'm seriously dying to know what it is" Jake added while he chuckled.

"You really want to know what I was supposed to ask earlier?" I responded which Jake immediately nodded to.

"I wanted to ask you what you think about our relationship. What you feel about us and just your point of view of our relationship.." I added.

"And to answer your question.." Jake said while his smile became wider and wider.

Jake slowly moved his face towards me which I automatically followed. Our lips met in the middle which made the butterflies in my stomach react again, and it was much more this time. I placed my hands around Jake's neck while he pulled me closer to him, leaving zero inches between us.

We slowly broke the kiss as we kept the small distance between us. The both of us looked at each other with a wide smile.

"Was that a good answer to your question?" Jake asked while having a hard time to stop smiling.

"It was a perfect answer" I replied.

🌥️

Waking up this morning was definitely not like any other casual morning, and especially because what happened last night actually happened. It feels like a dream, everything that happened last night is just too good to be true.

And as expected, Riki has tasted me this whole morning since the second I woke up. And I woke up because Riki couldn't stop shaking me so I would wake up and tell about how it went with me and Jake. But fortunately, Teacher Haji saved me from Riki's teasing by asking me if we could take a walk.

Teacher Haji wanted to talk with me alone so he decided to ask me if I wanted to take a walk with me. I ended up on a hill, a few blocks away from Master Jiho's house which gave us a amazing view at Ba Sing Se.

"It makes me happy seeing how well everything is going already with Jiho. But at the same time, I can't stop thinking about how everything would have looked like if I had given you this opportunity earlier" Teacher Haji said while sat down on the hill.

"Everything has its own purpose so you shouldn't feel bad for giving me this opportunity later than you wished. And to be honest, I do like to practice with Master Jiho and his academy students but I actually prefer to practice with you" I replied while I looked at Teacher Haji with a smile.

"I have nothing against practicing with Master Jiho and his academy students but it's just a bit difficult for me to get used to everything. I'm so used to having a certain practice structure with only the two of us but now it's another structure plus you're not there which feels a bit weird since I'm used to it" I added and chuckled at the end.

"It's always difficult to change something that has become a part of your daily routine, and you don't realize it has become a part of your daily routine either until you need to change it. Even to me is this hard, watching you doing so well on your own now without me makes me feel like a parent who's watching their child growing up" Teacher Haji said while letting out a chuckle.

"You have basically raised me so you got a point with your reference. You suddenly came up to me one day, told me you can help me improve my earthbending skills and little did I know how much that day would change my life. I think I honestly have spent more time with you than my actual parents" I replied which made Teacher Haji laugh a little.

"And I didnt know either the day I moved up to Hujiang from the southern Earth Kingdom how much it would change my life since I met my unbiological niece there" Teacher Haji added.

Just like I said before, I honestly think I have spent more time with Teacher Haji than my actual parents. Teacher Haji to me is not just my earthbending teacher, he's like a family member to me since we spend so much time together both for practice but also outside that as well.

"Can I ask you something, Teacher Haji?" I suddenly said.

"It's a question out of the blue but.. How was your first love?" I asked.

"My first love was both my first and last love. Her name was Jeha, she was my everything and up to this day even if it's been a very long time, I still can't get over her" Teacher Haji answers with wide smile on his face.

"What happened?" I replied.

"What exactly happened is still a mystery. Both Jeha and I were deeply in love with each other, our love was forbidden but it didn't stop us from seeing each other. Having a forbidden love for each other excited us until the day Jeha suddenly disappeared" Teacher Haji explained.

"And since our love was forbidden, did no one know about our relationship which gave me a hard time to know what happened with Jeha. Something must have happened with her which caused her suddenly disappeared but I still don't know why" Teacher Haji added.

"But why was your love forbidden?" I asked.

"Because she already belonged to someone. Someone with hate, war and violence in his blood" Teacher Haji answered.