039 | "let's go and save the world"

:: AEJI

:: AEJI

Today is the day. Today will me and Jay escape from the Boiling Rock. That's at least the plan and mission for today we hopefully success with, but of course the fear of failure is very dominated.

Unfortunately did me, Jay and Jun received less time than we wanted when it came to discussing and planning the escape. The guards probably felt a little suspicious over the time Jun had already spent inside our cell and decided to cut it. The guards even had a hard time letting Jun go inside the building.

I'm sure Fire Lord Sejo was involved.

"When do you think Jun is going to send us the signal?" I asked Jay while we waited for something to happen.

"I'm not sure, but I hope it's happening soon" Jay answered.

"How do we know what the signal is? What if Jun is sending us a signal without us realizing it" I replied.

"I think it's going to be hard for us to not notice the signal since it normally doesn't happen things at all. Plus, Jun is smart" Jay said and added a smile in the end.

My mouth automatically formed a smile after seeing Jay's. I don't know why but everytime I see Jay smile it feels like my heart skips a beat. Especially the last few days when we have been locked up together since I look at him in a different way compared to before.

I mean, being locked up with a very attractive prince it's something I wouldn't say no to.. Even if I have a boyfriend..

"You really like to stare at my face" Jay suddenly said and looked at me with a proud smile.

I immediately looked away and felt the embarrassment and red cheeks appearing in the same second. Jay really just had to expose me when he got the chance. 

"Don't worry, it's okay to stare at my face. I like to stare at your face too so we're mutuals" Jay suddenly added.

My head turned my back around and looked at Jay confused to make sure that I heard right. Half of my embarrassment and red cheeks have been transferred over to Jay. We both are trying to act casual like nothing just happened, but none of us can succeed with the act.

We slowly started to calm down and could at least look at each other again without turning into a hot tomato. Instead, we keep stealing glances at each other. The atmosphere around us is nothing I have felt before. Why does it feel like things like this always happen when I'm around Jay?

The sound of the door opening suddenly appeared which me and Jay automatically reacted to. The both of us stood up and walked towards the door frame. We looked outside and saw prisoners walking out from the cells with a confused look on their faces.

"I think this is the signal" Jay said and I nodded.

We both headed out and quickly but carefully just in case any guard would catch us. Compared to the other prisoners are me and Jay walking in the opposite direction since me and Jay are heading towards the bottom floor meanwhile the other prisoners and heading towards the yard.

Me and Jay arrived at the bottom floor and hid behind the stairs while we waited for Jun to arrive as well. All guards must have gone outside since that's where all the other prisoners but that doesn't mean we got a lot of time to get out of here. We need to leave before all the guards and prisoners come back inside.

"You two are not supposed to be here" A voice suddenly spoke behind me.

I slowly turned around and felt how my heart stopped when I saw who the voice belonged to. A guard where standing behind us, probably smirking proudly behind that mask that cover his head.

"Funny joke Jun" Jay said sarcastically.

"I know" Jun said while he removed the mask from his head. 

Jay didn't lie when he said Jun is smart.

"But, where is the way out?" I asked while I looked around me.

"It's supposed to be around here but I don't know where.." Jun answered.

The panic had arrived. How are we supposed to escape if we can't find the tunnel when that's our step 1?

The three of us decided to look around more closely. The tunnel must be hiding somewhere but exactly how to find it is going to be difficult. I put my back against one of the metal walls around us while I mentally cursed.

Is this really my destiny? Is my destiny to be locked up here forever until I die?

I screamed out of frustration and took it out by hitting on the metal wall behind me. I knew it was going to hurt, but I couldn't care less.. Because it didn't hurt at all. I looked down at the spot I hit and saw a crack being on the spot. I quickly turned around and placed both of my hands on the metal wall while I closed my eyes.

There's something behind this wall..

I started to use all the power and strength inside of me while I ripped the wall in half just like a piece of paper. I took a few steps back and looked at what I just did. I found the way out and I discovered a whole new bending.

"You're incredible Aeji" Jay suddenly said.

"Make sure the history books are writing this down" I replied with a satisfied smile.

"Let's get out of here before everyone comes back" I added.

The three of us quickly walked inside to the beginning of the tunnel. Jay made fire levitating on his hand while I closed the gap before we started our walk through the tunnel. I think all three of us expected the tunnel to be quite long but it might be longer than we thought. Especially when we can't see exactly where we are either. 

We suddenly arrived at the end of the tunnel, but not the end we expected it to be. It looks like they couldn't care less about finishing the tunnel and gave up on it, so the tunnel dont have an end. But fortunately, we are surrounded by earth.

For the last meters that was left on the tunnel, I was the one who helped the tunnel to be longer so it could have a proper exit. The sunlight suddenly hit our faces which means we did it. We succeed with escaping from the Boiling Rock.

"We did it!" Jay screamed out of happiness while he put the three of us into a group hug.

"Let's go and save the world" Jun said with a smile after we broke the hug.

Me and Jay nodded and followed Jun towards his flying balloon. I couldn't help but look around me while we walked. Finally being outside proper, not having a limited space to move around in.. I really can't believe we were able to escape.

The three of us arrived at Jun's flying balloon and officially began our next mission, stop Fire Lord Sejo from removing the world's four nations.