020 | meanwhile jay..

:: JAY

:: JAY

Spending time here in Ba Sing Se is probably my most spontaneous idea but maybe also my best as well. I really left the Fire Nation without a sound, only Jun knows since he witnessed my departure I did however leave a note on my bed saying I will take a short vacation and I promise to come back soon with the ability to produce lightning.

Even if I would rather spend a long time here, I don't have any other choice than trying to bemaster lightning as soon as possible to be able to live as Fire Lord Sejo's firebending prodigy son. The house I currently live in right now is a house my father bought here on the upper ring a very long time ago, probably because he wanted to show off his money or something.

I do have my own money to spend on a house I can stay in while I'm here, but I want to keep a low profile since I don't want to take any risks by being recognized. And the house my father bought, no one knows it's my father who owns it except the Earth King so it feels better to stay here even if it feels like it gives me more disadvantages than advantages when it comes to me mentally. 

I closed the curtains to block the sunlight from coming into my room. I then sat down on the ground in my bedroom to prepare myself for mediating. Last time I tried to mediated by myself didn't go so well since I immediately gave up when things didn't go as I thought.

But after I found Aeji meditate as well, it gave me new motivation to try again and hopefully it will work better this time.

"Focus on your inhale and exhale, how it feels and where you feel your breath the most.." I whispered to myself as I followed the introductions Aeji gave me yesterday.

My focus was centered around my chest, the part where I feel my breath the most. I slowly opened my eyes a little bit to look down on my index and middle fingers on my left hand, small blue sparks began coming out for a short second.

"Wait what?!" I said surprised with widened eyes after realizing what just happened.

"Did I just.. Produce lightning?!" I asked myself even more surprised.

"WOOHOO!" I screamed out of happiness as I stood up from the floor and began doing my victory dance.

"You're really good Jay" I said to myself to boost up my ego a lot.

Sure it wasn't so much lightning I made but still, after all the time I'm making some sort of progress which is the most important part of this. My eyes suddenly landed on the curtains again that covered the sunlight. I decided to walk up to my window and remove the curtains so the sunlight could come into my room again.

The sun's still shining bright and there's no cloud in the light blue sky above me either. I feel like I have done a great job today with finally starting off my progress of produce lightning so I will continue a bit later since I want to go out and enjoy the sun right now. 

I went outside and began walking towards an undecided destination, which unexpectedly ended up being outside Master Jiho earthbending academy. Aeji told me the day before yesterday the reason why she is in Ba Sing Se, which is to improve her earthbending skills.

Because of my father's status and future goal to conquer the four nations, does he have a lot of knowledge about various benders all around the four nations. My father has shared his knowledge with me multiple times and Master Jiho was one of them he has told me about.

My father didn't have much to say about Master Jiho except that he thinks Master Jiho is a mediocre earthbender even if he's a master. But when it comes to my father, everyone's bending is at a mediocre level no matter what.

I almost passed by the academy building when the front door suddenly opened. I looked behind me and saw Aeji walking out along with someone. I immediately ran to the corner which was only a few steps away so that was fortunate.

I began peeking from the corner at Aeji and her friend. My eyes immediately started to scan Aeji's friend and it didn't take long until I realized it was Jake from the northern Water Tribe. Jake is also someone I know because of my fathers knowledge about benders.

"I just want to ask you.. About us.. About your view on our relationship?" Jake said.

Is Jake and Aeji together? I know it's wrong to listen to other people's conversations but as long as no one knows, then it's fine.

"You were sitting underneath a three along with another handsome young man, laughing and having fun together. I didn't recognize him which made me a little suspicious, but mostly jealous.. I wanted to walk up to you but then Riki arrived so I decided to ignore it until now when I want to ask you who that person is" Jake said.

So Jake saw me and Aeji yesterday when we were meditating? Seems like I'm not the only one who's hiding around and pretending to be a spy or something.

"Oh, that's just a friend of mine I guess. I was sitting there and meditating when he suddenly showed up and asked me if I could teach him so I did" I said.

I actually feel a little bit hurt to hear from Aeji that I might be a friend to her since she's already added to my friend list..

"I guess I just felt a little threatened by seeing you with another handsome young man. And next time you meet him, tell him you already belong to someone" Jake said.

"I promise will let him know that I already belong to someone" Aeji replied.

Jake let out a wide smile at Aeji before he placed his hands on Aeji's waist, pulling her closer to him and then gave her a kiss on the lips. The kiss wasn't short either.

I slowly turned around again and placed my back against the wall while the scene of Jake and Aeji kissing continued to pay over and over again in my head. Why does it hurt so much seeing them kiss?